Accessories when directly placed in the character causes some part to enlarge itself

enlarged humanoid when scaled either manually from values in humanoid causes one part or accessories to scale maximum to 2048, it ends with all parts destroyed after scaling reached the destroying part studs given by workspace, This occurs for skinned mesh currently and i had no other solutions to fix this except trying on converting all accessories into parts.

following after this issue happened, it appears parts that are associated by either weld or Motor6D destroys other part that were linked together aswell, causing it to remain components that are non 3D Objects in one model, this occurred 4 days ago and this was fixed by disabling dead state but this happens to be accessories that caused one part to scale, there was an animation of it scaling but only when the game hasn’t been running.

Expected behavior

if the characters were cloned, accessories should stay in place without any effects at all applying to other things.

A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

i see that your part has an OriginalSize value of (2048, 2048, 2048)
when a model with a Humanoid enters the world it does some scaling, so that

PartSize = OriginalSize * Vector3.new(Humanoid.BodyWidthScale, Humanoid.BodyHeightScale, Humanoid.BodyDepthScale)

you can change the OriginalSize value to be what you need for scaling

The original size wasn’t at that way when i imported accessories using a plugin, the model in the original was like this before putting in server storage but trying to clone my accessories from my dummy rig didn’t seem to happen which shouldn’t be what i expected in this case, weird that even undoing doesn’t revert it back at all.

20240418_221654

what happens if you run Humanoid:BuildRigFromAttachments() on your original model?

my bad on this but turns out cannon had the originalvalue attached to the part where that original value was supposed to be on the accessories handle part, sorry to waste time on this but really thought it was the engine bug. :broken_heart:

Cannon didn’t had that value inside before and the value might be from the accessory i imported in the game, thanks to someone and you pointing it out.

1 Like