Accessory dropping sometimes does not replicate

When using the script provided in this thread you should be able to press = to drop hats, this works nicely most of the time.

However, I’ve discovered when you press = quickly enough after respawning (this has to be under a second time frame), your hats will still appear to be on you. After this strange behavior occurs, you will not be able to drop your hats as they are not parented to your character anymore - but this does not actually replicate to other users as it normally does.

This is not just a studio bug, this occurs in any game using that script I provided.

I’ve uploaded a video to google drive that shows what I mean (I couldn’t upload to the forums for some reason):

Place file with script: Baseplate.rbxl (17.7 KB) .

You can see the first few times I drop my hats they are removed from my character and added to workspace, but on the fourth try they are still on my character but are parented to workspace (but this wouldn’t replicate to other users).

2 Likes

Yeah, this still happens weirdly enough. I don’t know why they haven’t fixed this weird bug yet.

It still happens when you first respawn and try dropping hats. It still won’t replicate.