Accidentally clicked "Active" button in develop, shut down 1,300 players and canceled all private server subscriptions. No confirmation prompt

omg this

3 Likes

Holy shit that’s savage!

I feel so bad for you. They really need this fixed.

2 Likes

It also turned off VIP servers on the game. I had to go back and re-enable them. I guess that’s why the VIP server subscriptions were canceled.

1 Like

i cried

Surprised this hasn’t been implemented before.

Deactivating places / disabling VIP servers should just pause VIP server subscriptions, making people repurchase their servers is a nuisance for everyone involved.

12 Likes

I can only say “savage” as well.

1 Like

Agreed with @TwentyTwoPilots

Once the game is back up the owner of the private server should be notified that the subscription is resumed, PM or something.

Savage

5uTTy9M.gif

“Publish whole game” also deactivates the game, just a warning. I don’t think it should be doing that either.

Yeah, this seriously bugs me, because we are technically scamming our users paying for VIP servers, and its not entirely our fault.

Players are refunded if their VIP server goes down before the time is over.

1 Like

Ah okay whoops.
It’d be nice if subscriptions were paused rather than cancelled if a game goes inactive.

Is it a full refund it is it prorated?

Full refund. VIPS sales are stored in pending revenue anyway.

1 Like

Are they stored for the typical 3 days or 30? If a user used it everyday for 29 days and we accidentally cancel it, doesn’t they hurt us as the developers?

It is stored in pending revenue until the server either runs out of time, the user cancels the server, or the server renews. If the server goes down because of the developer or any other reason the robux is refunded and the developer doesn’t get any.

Surely the developer shouldn’t receive money if they’re going to be cancelling people’s purchases.

I do think there should be a confirmation dialog though, for situations like this

1 Like

Hey, we added a confirmation dialog for when you de-activate a place. Hopefully this won’t happen again.

23 Likes

Awesome.
Image for those who are wondering, and because I was curious:

2 Likes

You guys rock!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.