Account "Locked"/Hacked By Suspicious User

Time to buy it back or sue Roblox Cooperation

5 Likes

Also, I nearly got locked by one of these, a while ago. On my first Roblox account, I joined a game and some guy started making threats that he was going to lock my account. I left the game and then I reported that user using Roblox support. Thank goodness that was the end of that, I would have been devestated.

5 Likes

I only use one web extension. My 2 factor authentication was enabled.
Support randomly disabled it (See above)

This is the second time it’s happened to me, I’ve lost another 2010 account to this. Support began refusing to help completely.

I may begin threatening to sue if support doesn’t help me with this one. I’ve lost near 300k RAP because of this.

3 Likes

It’s probably the dumbest method ever. This man legit looks like some 12 years old.

Email from roblox already told you that he contacted support in order to access your account (Roblox corruption moment?). I’d recommend going for social media, you might get lucky and roblox will actually notice one of thier employees giving out accounts, I guess?

4 Likes

Hey. I just included your story in my post. Do you have a date for when this happened?

2 Likes

It began August 27th. Timeline of events:
All times are in Central Standard Time
Aug 27, 8:50 AM: Suspicious user follows me, bio threatening to “lock” user accounts that they follow. Mass followed several old users and name snipes in several groups.

Aug 27, 7:47 PM: I receive an email from Roblox (accounts@roblox.com) informing me “2-Step Verification with Authenticator Deactivated by Roblox Support.” At this point, I am forcefully logged out of all sessions, including Studio and my portable device.

Aug 27, 8:30 PM: I arrive at my desktop to see I’m logged out, my password suddenly no longer works. Upon requesting a password change, my email receives nothing. My email has clearly been changed.

Aug 27, 9:25 PM: I successfully create my CS ticket, regarding a now hacked account that I have no access to. I never received an email that my email had been changed nor a password reset. It’s becoming clear that this wasn’t just a simple cookie grab, but was manually done by CS, purposefully giving access to my account away to a malicious user.

Aug 27, 11:26 PM: I receive a response from CS stating that my information cannot be verified. Despite having several screenshots, including one of me logged into the site with part of my verified email visible, and a video of me working inside Studio, CS refuses to acknowledge that there was any verified email on the account to begin with.

Aug 27, 11:26 PM, Customer Service

For the safety and security of all player accounts, we must verify ownership before further discussing any account details.

No email address or purchase information is associated with the provided account username “ittxxxxtxtxxttxixxtt”. Without this information, we are unable to verify ownership or assist further with the requested account.

If you choose to create a new Roblox account, we recommend adding and verifying your email address upon account creation as this allows us to verify ownership and allows you to use the reset password feature.

Clearly this is either an automated response or a very poorly handled ticket.

Aug 28, 2:31 AM: I respond with several more images, including genuine emails received from Roblox in the past, to demonstrate that my email was very clearly verified at one point. CS has not responded, over 14 hours later, to what is clearly a dire situation. My original ticket was opened 19 hours ago, and was never properly handled in the first place.

From what I can tell, the email record on my account was wiped, or CS just didn’t bother looking into it at all and slapped a big “not our problem” sticker on my ticket.

I should also point out that I very clearly had access to the account before the emails were wiped, and that the account was associated with an email in the first place, otherwise I wouldn’t have this devforum account. I expect to be forcefully logged out of it at some point.

6 Likes

A final response by CS. Despite showing proof that I am indeed the account owner, they completely disregard it. CS is truly horrible on this platform and it’s extremely disappointing to know that it’s impossible to be able to trust this god-forsaken platform with anything.

5 Likes

That person isn’t real. Try responding and ask to seek a real person.

3 Likes

“as we have provided you with all that we can at this time.”

Makes my blood boil, and I’m not even affected by this. It’s just one of the most annoying and corny things you could tell to someone, they don’t even bother to check beyond the norms.

Absolutely ridiculous. You should make a YouTube video about it and show it to larger content creators like SharkBlox, KonekoKitten, greenlegocats123 etc.

I hope you follow through on this, because nothing will change if we keep quiet about situations like these, and I guarantee you, you’re not the only person affected by this method, and the absolutely garbage customer service.

This is terrible, plain and simple.

9 Likes

I have no clue, A friend of mine told me that another friend of his also randomly got their account hacked while using chrome, but I’m not certain about the details.

Can he sue? This also makes my blood boil. I cannot believe Roblox’s security and support is this bad.
I also highly suggest he threatens legal action, this is unacceptable.

3 Likes

He can definitely threaten, but if he actually can, I’m not sure, although this is just pure ignorance, and deceitful, hence he probably could.

I do, however, know that there’s the Better Business Bureau, a non profit organization where you can report bad customer service.

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

2 Likes

Roblox got to see this. bumping this.

3 Likes

An update about the situation:
I still have no access to my account, it’s permanently gone. Support has refused to even respond to my last email, leaving the ticket unanswered.
To my knowledge, the account is now being sold on the perpetrator’s Discord server. Support also refused to acknowledge my access to the DevForums on my account, and the fact that the user (Who has been reported, yet no moderation action taken to them) is blatantly stealing and selling Roblox accounts.
This is ignorance at best, and pure stupidity at its worst. Genuinely the absolute WORST platform I have ever used.

I should also mention that as soon as I log out of this account, I will lose access to this DevForum account forever.

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this to light. I’ve filed a complaint and should see my ticket with the BBB within 48 hours. Whether or not Roblox chooses to respond to BBB is unknown, but as more of these cases happen and become known, the more Roblox’s reputation with their advertisers will be hurt. Therefore, less income for Roblox, and ideally they’ll begin addressing this horrible excuse for “customer service,” and their god awful security issues that shouldn’t happen in the first place.

1 Like

Good luck with that.

ROBLOX, similar to their attitude with customer service, will not address anything on the BBB regarding a complaint. From what I can tell, they just have an automated/bot message that simply states “We found your complaint, someone responded to you, bye!”

Just let the company suffer with a possible vulnerability until it gets enough traction on the news for them to actually give a damn or something. Sorry about your account.

3 Likes

It is interesting how you write a message from your stolen account in the devloperforum, where the same credentials are.This seems slightly … strange

It’s not, you can use banned accounts on the DevForum just fine.

When a user forcefully logs all devices out from the account, the DevForum is excluded from that. They never logged me out of the forums, but if I choose to log out I’ll never have access to this forum account again, as I don’t have access to the parent account on Roblox.

1 Like

How do we know this DevForum account is really you? The hacker can just login to the DevForum using your account. I’m pretty sure you are you but it’s not completely provable. You can use the DevForum to prove you have or had access, but it can’t prove you are you.

1 Like