Account "Locked"/Hacked By Suspicious User

Yeah, I did have a couple of older accounts. One main terminated in 2012 and a couple other things scattered about. Whether or not this one was a tixbot I can’t genuinely confirm that.

It is noteworthy, though, that I had a brand new account made just this month, and that was also just compromised by the same user. It’s absolutely ridiculous that this keeps happening, and the fact that support is refusing to actually address it is insane.
This shouldn’t be happening regardless of account status. The user states they “have admin” on the site and whatever else, and support refuses to acknowledge anything.
This is sincerely the worst platform I have ever used

2 Likes

Depends on where you got it from. I originally thought you had used tixbot to get it, although it seems I was wrong on that. For example, if some person just handed a 2010 account to you like it was worthless, then it definitely was a tixbot.

It was actually given to me by a friend some time ago, the origins of him getting it I have no idea. I’d assume he either bought it second-hand or used a tixbot himself, I know he joined around the same time.
It had no purchase history on it, though, so dunno

1 Like

This worked for me when I was locked out of my account (never found out how or why I was locked out) but I ended contacting support telling them how much the account meant to me and how long I’ve had it the big giveaway for them as to how they confirmed it was me was the username being my real name(was forced to change it (for free :slight_smile: ) so yeah, but at this point with your case Id wait until features with moderation and support from RDC are released.

Its also not like your account is terminated so there is really no timeline of not getting it back I guess you will just have to wait and see

Edit:

Sorry you weren’t able to get it back, but on a side note because of you making this post I think a lot of people have seen why account security is very important and I’m genuinely proud of how far you’ve gone. (Chings account was banned so there goes the Robux that he might’ve stole from other people.)

2 Likes

The problem is the user in question is attempting to sell the account, so there’s no telling how much damage will be done to it by the time I get it back, if I ever get it back in the first place.

Do not give them the Robux. This will show him that he can and will continue to prey on vulnerable users.

2 Likes

Final update:

Another locker has contacted me and cleared some things up.
Firstly, locking is done by social engineering or by bribe. I won’t confirm which method was used when my account had been locked.

The account, when locked, gets its email, security, and password wiped. This is genuinely done by Support, and can only occur on accounts that have previously been compromised, shared, and a few other things.
Because my email wasn’t verified within the first few months the account had been created, Support is unable to confirm the account owner (Why support refused this information to me, I don’t know)

Locked accounts are not accessible by the person who locked them. If an account gets locked, and the person who owns the account had verified an email within the same time frame the account was created, the account can be recovered by the owner. However, the account is indeed inaccessible by the locker, and its password is completely reset. My account is “safe,” in that it isn’t actually compromised.

I believe Ching is now under investigation by the BBB, while I don’t have personal involvement in the investigation or how it came to be, I believe the BBB may be referencing other complaints received (I do know there’s been complaints about this same situation filed before)

To be perfectly clear: The only accounts vulnerable are shared accounts, bots, PGed accounts, etc.
My account has been confirmed to have originally been a tixbot. Apparently the friend I got it off of bought the account off someone and then gave it to me.
The account has always been vulnerable, and is not recoverable at all due to it being involved in tixbotting.

Overall, I’m okay with this outcome. The account is gone, yes, but it’s not being sold. It’s instead just going to lay dormant, as if abandoned.
I’ll mark this as the solution. I believe this is the final resolution of the situation. If anything else should arise, I may make a new post on social media, or under my new account.
Thank you, everyone. This has been an interesting journey of frustration, but with the account being as hot as it was (Unbeknownst to me), I think this was inevitable.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.