Accurate Play Solo Seizes Studio

The problem seemed to fix itself when I switched to D3D9 graphics mode

APS just started freezing studio for me. I had the issue 1-2 weeks ago, but it randomly fixed itself.

It started happening again just now. I’m also getting random white render glitches on studio’s interface when I do run a test session.

1 Like

Play Solo started breaking out of the blue today… Now, My game gets stuck in the grey screen.

This happens even on a blank baseplate.

At least you get to the map.

Mine gets stuck on the loading screen before the loading icon or anything else has loaded in said UI

1 Like

When this happens, can you generate a dump file (use method 1), upload it to Google Drive/similar, and DM it to me? Thanks!

4 Likes

It seems to be working again, mysteriously. I had not restarted my computer since I last encountered the bug. Weird.

That’s good – we don’t want it to happen! Regardless, this shouldn’t happen at all, so for anyone that does encounter this in the future, please send us a dump file so we can look into why it’s happening.

Correction. I disabled all of my plugins before trying to replicate the bug for the dump file. When I re-enabled them, it started hanging again.

Maybe others in this thread can try disabling their plugins?

If you’re able to 100% repro, can you enable your plugins one-by-one until you find out which plugin (or combination of them) triggers the issue? If we can repro in-house, it should be pretty easy to identify what the problem is.

Studio hangs upon clicking play solo when these three plugins are enabled when I start studio:

I’ve tried all combinations of the three, it seems like they have to be enabled at the same time to hang…

When I disable them via Manage Plugins before clicking Play Solo, Play Solo works again even though the plugins haven’t been reloaded (they still have their buttons in the ribbon bar.)

PS: I’m using Windows 10.

I’m not experiencing a freeze with those three plugins enabled and their widgets visible at the same time. They all create widgets though, so it could potentially be that once a certain amount of widgets are created (which are created 2x in APS play solo since there are two DataModels), varying by device performance, Studio is freezing

I created a test plugin that generates a lot of widgets and repro’d the freezing behavior on automatic plugin reload when updating, but it may or may not be the same issue – it did not happen when entering APS play solo, even with 100 widgets. Can you PM me a dump via instructions above? Also, it may help to post your system specs on this thread so others experiencing the issue can see if there is a common factor in their hardware and yours.

I PMed you a dump file.

EDIT: Computer specs:

Graphics:

Single display.

1 Like

I’m still experiencing this issue to this day and it’s been like this for over a week, it’s made testing a lot more annoying than it should be.

2 Likes

I had to disable APS until this is fixed. It might help you too.

Disabling the class converter plugin fixed this problem for me as well. Good job troubleshooting that :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has started happening to me again today without changing anything – grr. Even though I can turn off APS, it’s a real workflow setback. I still have the dump file from when Studio freezes if any engineer needs it when working on fixing this.

Same here, Studio keeps freezing whenever I exit Play Solo with Accurate Play Solo enabled. As soon as I disable it, it doesn’t freeze anymore. That’s annoying! I’m unable to use one of the most important new features in Studio!

1 Like

This is becoming more of an apparent problem, I disabled the plugin that was originally causing this (the class converter), but now it’s randomly happening again.

I’m starting to get this issue too, ill try disabling plugins that give me widgets

This is still happening. Memory dump file is still available if needed.

1 Like