Accurate Play Solo Seizes Studio

I’ve discovered that when tying to play with Accurate Play Solo, my Studio completely seizes and I’m unable to open any menus or close out of the program without first going into Task Manager. This is a pretty big issue for me as I’d like to test my to see how it would perform online without publishing the place first, or running an unoptimized and sluggish “Start Server.” This is a bug that also appears to not allow autosaves to function. I just get a blue outline around the viewport and nothing happens.

Specs:
AMD A10-9600p w/ Radeon R5
AMD Radeon R8M445DX, 2GB of GDDR5
12GB of DDR4 memory at 2.666GHz

Studio Graphics API / Engine:
Automatic

10 Likes

It’s because Roblox is down (Quick edit, it just so happened to be that this post was made while Roblox was down.)

3 Likes

Isn’t it because Roblox is down?

Stole my idea, not impressed Trus.

1 Like

You stole my game idea - somewhat.

Ok, I don’t want to get banned no more off-topic.

1 Like

This occurred earlier before Roblox went down today.

My game came out first

Ok, I don’t want to get banned no more off-topic.

1 Like

There’s a setting that disables APS. Maybe that’ll help for now until it gets resolved.

This definitely isn’t critical. You should re-title your post.

Removed critical tag because there is at least one workaround (toggle off APS?) and it’s not clear how many people are affected by this.

Getting this too. Video: https://i.eryn.io/raw/6hdls81oxo.mp4

Glad to see someone else is having this issue as well.Pretty much the exact problem I’m having.

What specs are you running? I wonder if it has something to do with Crossfire or SLI, as my system is Crossfired with a iGPU and a Descrete GPU and I’m having issues with Studio constantly involving slow start page, APS freezing, regardless if the site is up, and there’s also a weird graphical artifact involving OpenGL where the pluginGUI will consistently flash in the viewport.

This also shouldn’t be blown off simply because there’s a workaround, which then, completely negates the use of the feature in the first place. :thinking:

1 Like

i7 4770k & GTX 980 ti
Windows 10.0.17134

Possibly related, I’m using my integrated graphics in addition to my card to run a third monitor from my motherboard’s HDMI port.

1 Like

I would try turning off your iGPU and simply using your 980 Ti and see if APS works for you afterwards.

I however, cannot turn of my iGPU as it’s directly linked to my R7.

This is a problem for me which didn’t happen with APS before the most recent update.

I’ve got my fellow devs to apologise to because I thought this was their fault :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m having this problem too.

Specs:
Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz2
GTX 1060

1 Like

Getting the same issue

Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz with a GTX 1060

Just disable APS for now I guess, which makes the update pointless for god knows how many people.

Also, @buildthomas. This still should be marked Critical because it’s a pretty serious issue that can cause a loss of hours of work if you’re not expecting the new update to completely freeze up Studio, even if there’s a workaround, that “workaround” won’t be known until Studio freezes up. Plus, it 100% negates the update for countless people. And this still occurs after the site went back online.

Studio creates an autosave before running the game when you press Play Solo.

Not in my case when it first happened to me. Regardless of autosaving, people aren’t going to know what to do, plus when Studio crashes, it doesn’t always autosave.