Accurate Play Solo

You can add it while Play Solo is running, it does not show in the list otherwise. Once pinned it’ll function like the button in the ribbon bar, showing only when Play Solo is running.

3 Likes

I prefer the old play solo, just because it is so much quicker and speeds up development so much.

I did a test, simply just timing the amount of time it took me to enter play solo, stay in the game for around 15 seconds, then exit play solo.

With the new play solo, this took 1m 04s. And with the old play solo, it only took 22s.

I’m on a lower-end PC and Roblox Studio stops responding every time I press stop with the new play solo.

11 Likes

I develop on a 2017 Surface Pro (i5 / 8GB), and can confirm Ultraw’s findings. Entrance times aren’t an issue for me however exit times have near tripled.

2 Likes

I think you should make a feature request about it becoming optional.

1 Like

You can currently opt-out by going to File->Settings->Studio->Advanced, check “Disable Accurate Play Solo” and restarting Studio, however in the OP they say that the existing Play Solo will eventually be removed.

cc. @Ultraw

2 Likes

Can you clarify, what’s the observed time to start the session, and what’s the time to exit?

The Studio release this week sped up starting Play Solo sessions by around 2 seconds. We plan to do more work in this area over time. Stopping the session is a separate issue and should ideally be instantaneous…

2 Likes

I’m getting the same thing, it takes forever. However, I have a bindtoclose event, and when commenting that out, the “not responding” stopped.

3 Likes

Just yesterday turned on flag that should fix bind to close sloth. Can you confirm it’s fixed?

1 Like

I don’t have any BindToClose events and it still stopped responding every time I stopped

4 Likes

Exiting the session was always much worse, and kept causing my studio to stop responding.

Tomorrow I will do some tests and compare my starting and stopping times for both play solos

2 Likes

Observed time to start a session is <1 second, but when you stop a session right now, it takes like 20-30 seconds at least and freezes up the window. This is hindering my work a lot right now because it means I can’t quickly test and fix issues in my project. This happens even on a base plate. I’d be happy to provide more info if needed

10 Likes

This was never acknowledged. Can we please regain the ability to register temporary KeyframeSequences on the fly when testing in APS?

2 Likes

I am asking out peeps about this, will try to get a resolution quickly. Sorry it took too long to respond.

2 Likes

Sorry about this. I have a fix, should be released when the next Release Choo Choo leaves the station.

The problem, I believe, was in Data Store code: when we shut down DM we say “wait until Data Store is done with its business, or 30 sec, whichever is shorter”.
We were not properly setting up a channel for Data Store to say “I am done with my business”, so it would always take the full 30 sec.

9 Likes

@tbradm What exactly happens when you try to call this in APS? Can you provide a step-by-step repro: lua files to use, steps to take, etc.

Describe what you see, and then what you expect to see.

2 Likes

I have created an example file (23.1 KB). Open the README script in StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts to see a documented example of usage. Play it in both Legacy Play Solo and APS to see what I expect to see, and what I see (respectively).

The exact error you receive in APS is:

Usage error: RegisterKeyframeSequence can only be used in Solo mode.

I recognize that if this were enabled on APS, it would create a difference between online and Play Solo, creating an inaccuracy in Accurate Play Solo. I propose a solution: a boolean property in TestService called IsRegisterKeyframeSequenceAllowed or something to that effect. It would be false by default, so that the behavior would be equivalent to online for all developers who have not intentionally enabled it. It would be up to the developer who enables it to write their own logic (perhaps using IsStudio) to substitute the registration with an uploaded ID corresponding to the same animation, or print a warning/error if they don’t have one, etc.

This would allow my team to continue with our previous workflow while embracing APS. Thank you.

1 Like

Are we there yet?.. =D
Desperately looking forward to this.

2 Likes

@tbradm We are planning to fix the error where you cannot use RegisterKeyframeSequence in Accurate Play Solo within the next week or two.

2 Likes

@tbradm The fix is out, let us know if you have any issues with it.

2 Likes

I’ve been having an issue with APS where I cannot restart scripts or edit scripts while playing, even when using the Properties panel to manipulate the Disabled property. This means I cannot test changes live and saving changes made to scripts when testing is a moot point because they cannot be changed while testing.

1 Like