Accurate Play Solo

Are there plans to make this work for the client too? This greatly complicates debugging the client as it results in having to resort to a million print calls and constantly having to restart the game in order to inspect a different value…

3 Likes

Yes. Hope to get going on that soon.

3 Likes

Is this gonna support having multiple clients open at once? It’s a pain having to start a test server and wait a full minute for it to start up.

3 Likes

No plans for multiple clients at the current time. Perhaps down the road.

1 Like

This feature is now on by default - let us know what you think!

If you need to switch back, there is a Studio setting for it but let us know why so we can resolve whatever issues you are having. We will eventually remove the inaccurate Play Solo mode.

13 Likes

This is a feature I won’t be turning on for the time being, and I hope it’s not forced in the future.

It completely seizes up my Studio for some reason, and I’m forced to close Studio.

I really hope to see it become usable for me in the future, though! Seems like a great feature.

4 Likes

Sounds like an issue for #platform-feedback:studio-bugs. This will almost definitely be the only way one day, so it’s better to report bugs early.

2 Likes

I’ve not known about this feature being out until now and my last conversation about this feature was a fear of replacing the fast play solo with really slow server testing. So I was not too happy to see this post.

UNTIL… I saw that EchoReaper has tested and approved this feature. Now I’m legitimately excited to test it out for the first time tomorrow! So excited to have an accurate testing environment consistently!!

1 Like

This recently started for me out of the blue. Pretty much makes the feature useless for me since I cannot use it at all.

1 Like

I have to switch back because our game uses too much memory for Accurate Play Solo. Roblox cannot support three whole DataModels in one application in our game or it runs out of memory due to it being a 32-bit application. This manifests as “bad allocation” messages, broken behavior, and occasionally complete crashes.

Sometimes I get “bad allocation” on my first Accurate Play Solo test, sometimes it happens on the second or fifth at most. With non-accurate Play Solo, I can test for much longer without issues which is necessary to develop some features.

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We’re planning to add 64-bit support to Studio in the next few months to resolve this.

19 Likes

This explains an awful lot. I also cannot test a few games due to this.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue that @TheRings0fSaturn is running across. When I try to use this feature it completely freezes and I have to suspend it via task manager.

3 Likes

Can someone please make a plugin to toggle this feature so its one less step in opening and finding it in settings.

1 Like

Where is it even at in settings I can’t find it…

2 Likes

File->Settings->Studio->Advanced (Topic)

Its one of the first 3 or so it said like “Disabled Accurate Play Solo”

5 Likes

Please check out Accurate Play Solo Seizes Studio, it seems to be a pretty big regression. This was working last week, but as of this week’s update none of us in this thread are able to use APS at all without it seizing Studio. (Note that first few replies about Roblox downtime being the cause are wrong)

If it would help, I have a dump file saved from when it freezes if you want it.

2 Likes

Found it, thanks.

1 Like

I like it, but there’s an issue related to loading characters.

For some reason, it takes multiple seconds to spawn your on-site character.
Maybe spawning behavior could be altered a little bit?

1 Like

Please make sure to report any issues you are having or chime in on existing bug reports - we will be removing inaccurate play solo at some point so we want to address anything which is preventing you from using it.

1 Like