Accurate Play Solo

Yeah, I mean I have about a 8000x8000 stud map made with terrain (but it’s mostly flat, so…) and it literally takes about 20-25 seconds every time to load in, when maybe I’m just making a one letter change in code. It’s extremely annoying.

My computer is a mid-end device, the game I was testing was an almost empty baseplate with a small cframe script in it, so I think long loading times are because of my internet being slow. I assume the loading screen is waiting for the character to load as I’ve never seen gray (not loaded yet) character with APS enabled.

PC (actually it’s a laptop) specs:
Core i5-7200, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, HD Graphics 620 + GeForce 940MX, Windows 10 Home

PS: A function to switch just only explorer data model (server/client) would also be nice.

Will have to support the two posts above, load times are drastically slower than with inaccurate play solo but I mean, I’d rather get a 3x load penalty than my scripts working in studio but not in-game.

I still found inaccurate play solo useful in a few cases. For example, I used it to play with non-FE scripts from several models and a game called Light Bulb. These old scripts break otherwise. I also used it for simple debugging, as I’m a same-data-model type of person when it comes to scripts.

For what it’s worth, I’m happy that it helped me explore the rich library of old scripts and models that once worked.

I’m sad it had to go, but I’m thankful for the time I was able to use it.

2 Likes

Please file a bug report / feature request if you run into any issues with APS