Accurate Play Solo

We are aware of this current usability issue, and are working on the solution.

3 Likes

Working on that now. Yes hope to have it to you soon.

3 Likes

Can we get any guarantee that Inaccurate Play Solo will not be removed until 64-bit Studio on Windows has been released?

1 Like

Looks like 64-bit studio for Windows has been already releasedā€¦ In about studio it should say ā€œStudio version [version number] (64-bit)ā€

Edit : As confirmed by @KiIIa_Queen, Studio on Windows is now 64-bit, unless youā€™re running on a 32-bit version of Windows (which is highly unlikely nowā€¦)

2 Likes

Studio is indeed 64-bit.
(I was testing to see if Studio would crash/be able to handle a large amount of memory usage.)

2 Likes

Breathes enphatically.

When?

1 Like

IIRC they said somewhere in February, for the life of me I cannot remember exactly when.

1 Like

As of today, we are now forcing Accurate Play Solo.

Please create a report in the Bug Reports section if you run into any issues.

7 Likes

Why now?

Itā€™s still a pain to reattach the debugger between the server and client. One has to restart Studio before it switches peers. As this post stated earlier:

I really liked classic Play Solo for that it can debug any script at the same time.

It would be nice if this usability issue is fixed soon, especially since the old Play Solo is now removed.

4 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have been working on simultaneous debugger and I believe I just finished off the last issue and got it checked in. I believe the turnaround from here is ~2 weeks so within that timeframe you should see simultaneous debugging.

7 Likes

I disabled accurate play solo because I need to be able to move things in serverstorage and serverscriptservice to debug my game. Itā€™s where I store my players data and sometimes I need to do it on the fly.

I donā€™t need my hand to be held while scripting for FilteringEnabled games, thatā€™s why being able to disable Accurate Play Solo was a good feature for me.

Now it just makes it less convenient that I have to switch between client and server everytime I try to debug something when I was doing it fine before.

6 Likes

Sorry for the long time quiet.

Thank you! This should make debugging easier, although breaking from the single-data-model thinking and debugging will be difficult for me in the meantime.

While Iā€™m waiting for the feature, Iā€™m using a backup copy of Roblox Studio from before classic Play Solo was removed.

Iā€™ll probably keep that copy to also experiment with old non-filtering-enabled things, or play old uncopylocked single-player Roblox games which still work with such removed feature.

Iā€™m curious what the reasoning was behind removing the override entirely. It is one thing to get normal studio users into the filtering mindset, it is another thing entirely to remove support for vital debugging features before the alternative is ready.

Here I am, stuck at an impasse in my code because breakpoints suddenly donā€™t work anymore, and I cannot check the values of variables without suffering through figuring out how watches work or god forbid I print them each loop.

Let me do my coding in peace without breaking things, please.

1 Like

I use & switch between both APS and non-APS, and the removal of this has been bugging me. Go ahead & keep APS default, but Iā€™d like the option back to switch between the two, depending on my current projectā€™s needs, such as quick testing without clunkily switching between server & client to do edits in studio.

Also can you update this page either way? It was the only API result in the wiki I could find as I was searching for info about it. I donā€™t like having to dig through old devforum threads to find out why something I was using is missing. https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/property/Studio/Disable-Accurate-Play-Solo

5 Likes

The request to support non-APS until we have simultaneous debugging is reasonable, and it is taking longer than expected to get simultaneous debugging working.

I have re-enabled non-APS and it will stay on until we have stable release supporting simultaneous debugging. At that point it will be disabled again.

Sorry fort the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

12 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for necroposting but is this already on by default? Or do I have to turn it on?

On by default. You canā€™t turn it off now.

1 Like

I used to be concerned that certain plugins (i.e. Anaminusā€™ HotSwap), along with an auxiliary plugin I did on my own, would be rendered useless with the enforcement of APS, but I was fortunately able to solve that problem soon enough.

That being said, I donā€™t think disabling the option to turn APS off is a problem anymore.

Any reason why ā€œinaccurateā€ play solo was removed? I donā€™t like Accurate Play Solo as I often have to make changes while testing, and switching between player and server view is justā€¦ it takes too much time. Same with the loading screen - sometimes it takes ages to load. Plus, APS is sometimes very laggy for me.

By the way, is there at least a way to hide the loading screen?

1 Like

The reason we removed inaccurate play solo was because supporting both code paths takes effort and we would rather spend that effort making Studio better for all developers, rather than the few opting out of the feature.

We do want to improve Studio testing launch times though ā€“ can you file a bug about this, including information about how long it takes and system details? That way we can investigate and see about improving this.