Acecopter (Helicopter)

I recently made a helicopter in like a day, it has horrible building but the scripting is pretty good.
Here’s a link to a demonstration video I made for it (don’t judge video, I haven’t edited a video in a long time :P)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1af9T657u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1af9T657u0
Link to place: http://www.roblox.com/games/295221895/Acecopter

If anyone wants it for their game PM me and we can work something out, I don’t really have a use for it I just made it for fun. I want it to be put to good use if possible.
I currently consider it in BETA as it does not have a proper build and it still needs some adjustments/improvements.

Are the helicopter sounds included with the helicopter or did you edit them in to the video?

It’s part of it.

Interesting, want a few challenges?

Make the torques of your Body-movers based on the weight and seating of the heli, so that the user doesn’t have to manually input it when they change the design

Make the helicopter work in FE games (proper client/server separation)

Give it mouse controls, and a more realistic feeling throttle, instead of raise/lower buttons (When you tilt a helicopter, it actually loses altitude irl, due to the thrust vector being not parallel to gravity)

Make the blades tilt based on the throttle, and tilt of the rotor, irl the blades will tilt more to give more lift, or tilt less to give less lift, this is done to keep a fairly constant RPM on the helicopter, also, the rotor uses this same blade-tilting technology to tilt the helicopter, the blades farthest from the angle of tilt are given steep angles of attack, and the ones near the angle of tilt are given shallow, or negative angle of attack

Give it an animated tail rotor as well, that’s optional (and spins faster/slower based on yaw). Many helicopters use tail rotors.

Edit: and if you don’t know how to do anything above, I’d gladly show you :slight_smile: Might even learn a trick or two

Negative speed?
No actual physics?

Come on, cool looking GUI but without physics, I’m not impressed. But I can help you with them if you want me to.

If you want an actual helicopter model to try it with, I’d be happy to build one. :]

That would be cool.

That would be great!

[quote] Negative speed?
No actual physics?

Come on, cool looking GUI but without physics, I’m not impressed. But I can help you with them if you want me to. [/quote]

I as well was trying to avoid being harsh on them, they are new here after all, and have not been properly initiated :wink:

Ahh well, might as well begin the trials by fire. It could have been a mistaken kindness to word my post in a non-confrontational way.

[quote] Interesting, want a few challenges?

Make the torques of your Body-movers based on the weight and seating of the heli, so that the user doesn’t have to manually input it when they change the design

Give it mouse controls, and a more realistic feeling throttle, instead of raise/lower buttons (When you tilt a helicopter, it actually loses altitude irl, due to the thrust vect … [/quote]
Interesting challenges, I’ll try to do some of those things, I won’t make it work in FE unless I have to. At the moment this mini project is strictly for fun.

[quote] Interesting, want a few challenges?

Give it mouse controls, and a more realistic feeling throttle, instead of raise/lower buttons (When you tilt a helicopter, it actually loses altitude irl, due to the thrust vect … [/quote]
Interesting challenges, I’ll try to do some of those things, I won’t make it work in FE unless I have to. At the moment this mini project is strictly for fun.[/quote]

All you should have to do is set the network owner of the main seat to whoever sits in it, then you can do the controls client-side and it’ll work fine.

[quote] Negative speed?
No actual physics?

Come on, cool looking GUI but without physics, I’m not impressed. But I can help you with them if you want me to. [/quote]

I as well was trying to avoid being harsh on them, they are new here after all, and have not been properly initiated :wink:

Ahh well, might as well begin the trials by fire. It could have been a mistaken kindness to word my post in a non-confrontational way.[/quote]

I’m not harsh really… Physics is what I love, so I’m waiting for him/her to accept my offer.