Achieve UI Particle Effect without a sprite map

Is there any way to achieve a UI “Particle” Effect without using a sprite map. Since i would like RNG and a way to effectively change properties of it without having to edit a entire sprite map for specifics. More specifically is there any existing feature which concludes my query? and if not has anyone made a feature request for it? (searched and didn’t find a feature request or what im looking for so I’m wondering if someone else has found what i want) An example of a UI “Particle” that i’m thinking of would be a Instagram Live Heart Button where it flares / tiktok gift.

Would an image label that uses an image which itself gives off a particle like appearance work?

If you don’t need the particles to be gravity affected, simply scaling an image with a transparent background containing all the particles might work for you.

Bu if you need them to simulate some physics and are not willing to use a sprite, you can create your own custom 2dParticleEmitter class. Just create as many ImageLabels as you want, then store the properties as you like them and then every frame adjust their position and rotation.

Sadly, there isn’t a built in 2d emitter but it’s not that hard to make either.

that would be very limited in visual and wouldn’t be able to achieve what i want

That would cause a drop in FPS especially for low end pcs which is the majority of roblox players.

Fair enough, was just an idea. I don’t think you would be able to achieve true particle effects since UI elements are 2D.

There is a module for this.