Achieving this kind of terrain?

Hello, I am working on the map layout for an upcoming game. I’d like to know how to recreate this (sorta mesa like) terrain layout for it. I experimented a bit with the terrain generator but couldn’t find any settings to recreate it, and I don’t know much about height maps. If anyone more experienced in terrain could help, it would be much appreciated.

Im not too experienced in terrain, but I am experienced in programming, so my suggestion for that would be to try to write a code to generate the terrain for you. It’s just some for loops, bezier curves, and Perlin noise manipulation. That said, if you’re not experienced in programming, this is very difficult, but if you want to generate custom terrain thats not easy to create with those settings, custom code is your solution

1 Like

That is quite an interesting answer! I never looked into generating terrain with code, but i’ll make sure to check it out, thank you for your reply!

1 Like

As @ianfinity01 said, there are other ways.
I did a quick search with the term perlin noise map generator and got a few hits. Maybe check them out.

I would like to thank the people who helped me, however I managed to reproduce something similar mostly by using dune preset for the ground, cylinders for the hills and a bit of smoothing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.