Action minigame on the south pole: "Pop the Penguins" (uncopylocked)

An action game where you push ice cubes to squeeze penguins into pancakes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gameplay input or feedback will be very useful to me.

If I can get to 50 likes I will post a copy of the roblox file here. I am not sure 50 likes is possible, but I can for sure use your support :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like the concept of the game, it is very relaxing to play! However, the game needs a lot more variety. Maybe some extra block types? As an example you could add a portal block that can teleport the penguin, block, or player to another area? I think it would make for some interesting gameplay
I wish that the blocks moved in a straight line when you pushed them, sometimes the blocks turn and get stuck :sweat_smile:
One last bug I found was that in some cases when you push a block the penguin stands on it can get flung to a new area outside of the ice cube area and takes ages to come back in range for the player to pop :expressionless:
The game could use a bit more decoration and polish, but it looks pretty good so far, I would give it a 7/10

Thanks Kachi for the very useful feedback.

At the moment there are only three block types, snow cube, smooth ice cube and solid stone (cannot be pushed). I like the idea about a portal, but I am not sure how that game mechanic can work. Like two portals, and if anything touches either one it gets teleported to the other and then continues on its merry way? I think the portal might get clogged, unless it is able to move itself so that it always has space for another object to teleport in. Might be doable.

About the bug: The blocks still can get stuck, but I did add a one-second cooldown for the block to better re-align. It helps a bit. :smiley:

For the penguins that fly outside the maze, I set their movement and animation speed to *2 until they are back. I could prevent them from flying outside the play area, but I like watching them run back and struggle to jump over the outer row of ice cubes. :rofl:

Hello again :slight_smile:

I added portals as you suggested. It has a one in five chance of appearing on every stage. Also added a tornado, same probability.

2 Likes

I like the addition of the tornado and portals! It really spices up the gameplay :+1:
The rainbow was really cool too but I wish it had something more to do with the gameplay, not just the aesthetic
One last thing, maybe there should be like a timer or something just to add more intensity to the game, if you can just stroll through the whole game I feel it won’t be as entertaining as racing against the clock.
Overall I had way more fun with the new mechanics! Keep up the good work :smile:

1 Like

I got two likes in total but now I uncopylocked the game anyways. :blush:

I was thinking of a “let’s go to Mars” mode with little green aliens. :smiley: But I am going on vacation, so I predict there is no time in the coming weeks.

The Rainbow looked like I wanted it to, but I couldn’t figure out how it should affect the gameplay. Maybe it should be a kind of bonus round with more points awarded.

My other game magic Monster Maze has a timer, but I wasn’t sure if it did anything for the gameplay. But currently there is a possibility that a level could become impossible to complete, for sure. A timer would fix that.

One of the paradoxes with Roblox is how to make a game that is fun for single player and for multiplayer. Assuming that one does not want to hand Roblox money to promote the game., that is. Because there is going to be at most one player at a time trying the game. Hence PVP mode is not high on the list.

Awesome work! You should make a present delivering game!

The pushing doesnt seem to work on my end…
It works just fine in studio but not in the client.

UPDATE: fixed it! turns out I messed up the animations on my end… woops!

What a horrible, sadistic game! What sort of horribly sick person would think of squishing cute penguins and depriving them of their life? Taking them away from their penguin families forever?

10/10, very cool premise and nice shakeups

If there were anybody actually playing I would add a PvP mode so people can flatten each other instead. :smiley: