[Action Needed] Sunsetting api.roblox.com

I would have thought the HTTP request limit would prevent that. It would be hard to block the requests if it didn’t though I guess.

if your gonna do this change then PLEASE FIX the presence api because it is very inconsistent compared to the USERS api

3 Likes

Would it be possible to redirect api.roblox.com/docs to this thread?

4 Likes

It goes both ways, Roblox still sends & recieves for each request you make, so that in itself already takes from Roblox’s servers. And you can do http requests for each game server running, there are multiple ways to start bunch of servers & if abused a higher limit would only put more strain unless Roblox feels it’s appropiate to up it. Now this I don’t know, but I’m guessing they have a bit more control over limiting requests that aren’t their own as well most 3rd party applications & services doesn’t have as powerful servers which could do a lot more requests like Roblox’s own. However that last bit might not have a factor here.

1 Like

What if I have a set of IPs that are all within a similar range? IPs are not as sensitive as idiots portray them and even still only things like your servers and proxy’s should be whitelisted IPs.

2 Likes

Hopefully we’ll get a proper documentation this time

Sorry LifeDigger didn’t mean to reply

The option of authenticating through cookies should be kept because there are some tools that use them because they can’t get the user’s api key.

3 Likes

apis.roblox.com == apis.roblox.com

true

3 Likes

The option to authenticate through cookie should still be a feature I agree but would be even better if they if they get the other API’s in the open cloud as well cuz it is more reliable with the API key.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Great to see Roblox give some love to the well-deserving API endpoints. My only hope is that the endpoints all get a replacement before being removed, as others have addressed, but otherwise sweet!

2 Likes

The issue with the last online date sounds like a bug on our end. I will pass it along and see if we can fix it.

6 Likes

Regarding the timeframe when the replacement endpoints will be available, I don’t have any exact dates for you right now.

We will do our best to give you at least 1 month from when the replacement endpoints are available before we start removing the older endpoints. We know it’s important to give you time to switch over.

Regarding any endpoints from api.roblox.com not mentioned in the original post, can you share the URLs and what you are using them for?

3 Likes

Thank you sir. I saw my friend offline on the api website that said 10+ years. Good thing you’re looking into this

I will check if we can provide some rough estimates for when the replacement endpoints will be available.

We will circle back on this. Thanks for flagging it.

We plan to provide the replacement endpoint and then give you at least 1 month before we remove the older endpoint.

Great question. Long term we want to consolidate and have all our public API endpoints served from our API Gateway (apis.roblox.com), which will handle the routing for you. There are some technical changes we need to make before that is possible.

Would you mind posting this as a new thread in the Website Bugs - DevForum | Roblox section? We will definitely take a look.

We will make sure to provide a replacement endpoint and give at least a 1 month notice up before removing the existing /marketplace/productinfo endpoint.

We are already setting up an announcement on that page to link here. Good suggestion :grinning:

8 Likes

I would but I don’t have access to post in in the Website Bugs area cuz I am a member not a regular and the ranking up thing was paused. Really annoying you have to be a regular lol cuz I find bugs quite often with me on the dev forms basically daily lol.

The issue seems not to happen to everyone cuz I had someone the other day I did a commission for and they did not have the issue.

There was a post made on it a while back and I have been told that it is not IP based but region based by a few people.

Post which basically all web devs where sending to each other:

Found this if it is any help as well:

2 Likes

Well I think this is good. Roblox is working on newer apis than old apis from what 2016 or 2015. So say goodbye to stupid old api.roblox.com from 2015 or 2016 and bugs. (I have no idea what is api.roblox.com because I never used it)

When can we have access in studio though?
most of the api is not possible to access without an proxy

How soon is the /marketplace/productinfo getting its equivalent?

1 Like

rip old Roblox games and apps. :sob:

1 Like

roblox is the best at breaking compatibility

2 Likes