[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Over 4,000 replies here are against this update, is ROBLOX planning on making a comment on that or are they just moving forward with it and ignoring their community?

9 Likes

Roblox is making everything worse by forcing people to Verify Id (send thier personal information), making every game that got radio pass in it useless and will get roblox in a problem of getting sued for scamming people, not giving developers with huge amounts of audios like shooter, etc games enough time to fix everything, not giving normal players enough amount to re-upload/change the audio of thier games. games are going quite and this is a big problem.

4 Likes

It seems like audio is a hot content type for copyright and limits and stuff unlike other stuff

Hey, I don’t know if you have been in developing for a while but… one thing I know and everyone here knows, is roblox doesn’t care about their playerbase whatsoever and any way to get money off of you they can because that’s just how this company works :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

its not even a game then its more like an abusive cash grab platrowmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I’m pretty certain that any existing audio that goes private will not work, because scripts will not be able to fetch the audio file.

Good question, and I’m not too sure. But this is certainly the hottest topic of the month!

There are already petitions and angry tweets on this change to audio.

1 Like

Soon it will be games oh wait no i mean experiences now i know why its been changed to that, So we can experience pain and silence. Watch them not even bother to reply to this post and also watch in a months time they are going to say this:

Dear developers we are always pushing out pointless updates so here is another one for you lol,
on april 4th all games will be made private unless they are made by roblox, and you can not make them public until we decide (basically never XD)

3 Likes

i could not understand a single thing you wrote.

1 Like

this update is sheer terrible

4 Likes

I swear if they do something like that, might as well develop on some other platform.

1 Like

they’re “aggressively” working on more “features”, stop being so hard on them!

2 Likes

Do you have any idea how much the plaintiffs were requesting? It’s possible they already paid and are under a court order to make these changes.

Not even a corporation as big as Roblox can feasibly license millions of audio files with hundreds more added every hour. That is an unrealistic expectation.

Further features is replying to granular options of who can use your audio and who can’t.

Yes, we’re all suffering. Join the club. Maybe take a realistic mindset instead of a strictly biased one or you’ll just end up loathing them for something that’s currently outside of their control. It eats you alive.

7 Likes

That is sort of ridiculous, as they have been uploaded before as you said. Also, i agree with you on group games.

1 Like

The thing is that if roblox doesn’t offer some sort of refund they could be sued for not supplying something we paid for with our money

Edit: I looked into it and in some places you can 100% sue for not getting the supply you paid for.

7 Likes

Whats worse is that audio longer than 6 seconds will only work if it is on the same user/group that the game is on. AUDIO uploaded on a user not working in games in a group made by the same user and vice versa? WHO THE HECK DO THEY THINKTHEY ARE

9 Likes

refund…or better just make audio public by default

17 Likes

Hey developers,

Thank you for all the feedback you’ve shared here. We have a brief update on some of the steps we are taking to address the issues surrounding the upcoming privacy changes.

We will be locking this thread, so please continue the discussion in the new [Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio announcement.

44 Likes

Developers,

We have started to roll out the audio asset privacy changes - all new audio uploads will default to Private and many existing audio assets that are longer than 6 seconds will be set to Private. Because of these changes, music in some experiences may no longer play.

We are still working diligently to address your feedback surrounding today’s privacy changes. Read more about what we’ve done to minimize the impact on SFX and learn how to use the new permission system for audio assets here.

Thank you

27 Likes