[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

True, you never know. There are many (innapropriate word warning) condo games that do this, and I can’t imagine all the rogangster games too and stuff like that.

what if you needed to change 70000 audio files just because of this? and yes, opinions are opinions.

The only reason Roblox is doing this is because Roblox got sued. In my pov they should just delete like copyright music. Not horns, gun shots, car noises etc.

3 Likes

and thats not even mentioning bypassing methods spread like wildfire, anyone can find the method if they just ask someone or google it
it’s really bad

the main point was that you were spreading unnecessary toxicity, and you’ve seemed to miss that point…

apologies for this part of the previous message I clumsily assumed you were responding to another message

made this one since you can’t edit messages :frowning:

For me better option would be new tab named “Sound Effects/SFX” where users can upload sound effects (max 6-8 seconds) and change Audio Tab name to “Music” and users can upload music like old times. Everyone will be happy and Radios will still works in games. (SFX/Music will cost Robux)

they dont really have an obligation to respond but I at least want to know they see our criticism

2 Likes

Okay, if we really want our voices heard… we need to get a popular dev or someone who stands out in the community ( such as Wolfpaq or Coeptus ) so we can actually be heard. Roblox doesn’t listen to their players, so if we could get a dev here maybe they would then listen?

1 Like

Hey i know this is a dumb question but can music artist upload their original music tracks on roblox and also make them be publilc?
So that way more music artist can give more music and sound effects for anyone that want to use them.

2 Likes

its not fair to say roblox as a company doesnt hear us
the forum moderators def hear us, since I got my offtopic posts taken off (apologies for those)

so im guessing its the higher ranks/executives of roblox pacing around their office trying to find a solution

2 Likes

One of my admins posted this on my group wall… I AGREE

1 Like

Congratulations, you probably made some people quit.

Let me just explain what I mean by that;

Some games rely on music and sounds. Developers need sounds and music to add a touch to the game. For example; Roleplay games need sounds for;
Cars: Horn, Sirens, Motor, etc.
Usually, the games have different teams with different sounds.

Limiting sounds to the people who don’t have a verified account (for example some kids that want to make a game with a lot of sounds) will just make Roblox lose players.

I also find that pretty selfish since they are doing that for they’re investors not they’re community and developers who work hard on they’re games.

Deleting audios will make that developers will have to buy new ones. Roblox thought about that, it’ll just make them more money, am right?

Anyways, feel free to reply me, correcting me if I am wrong and thanks for reading!

6 Likes

so we are supposed to change all audios in our games by March 22?
I really think we need more time here.

4 Likes

Take this as a joke, but what I am saying it’s actually real.

it’s not a Roblox Studio update, it’s a Roblox Update

1 Like

This update is by far one of roblox’s worst. Not just a small group of people going to be affected by it, but everyone will. With small teams and solo devs taking the hardest hit.

4 Likes

Hmm. So, how is privating the audio gonna handle copyright? I mean… it’s still on the platform regardless so why not delete it? On YouTube you can private a video and still get striked for it? Also, you are putting YOUR PLATFORM at risk here. I expect a loss in players ( NOT TO MENTION the kids who bought boombox or radio gamepasses ) because they feel scammed! Roblox most likely won’t be giving us a refund.

ROBLOX POWERING YOUR MONEY NOT IMAGINATION

4 Likes

As Roblox said, it’s not the end of Radios / Boomboxes, developers can make a simple menu to browse Roblox’s / Monstercat’s Audios and play them.

It’s less music to choose from but 0 bypassed or loud songs.

2 Likes

As you intend, you want follow copyright and blah blah blah
But what about audio moderation, I uploaded music 9 hour before and its still not approved.
At least do things when you can handle TONS of reupload.

1 Like

So if boomboxes / radios will work so what with music games like Funky Friday? Some music can be from Creator Marketplace in these games.

1 Like

you forgot that bypassers still exist
they will do literally ANYTHING to play whatever underground artist they are into
the entire reason it’s bass boosted is to avoid moderation
so if they do some other spiffy effects then it won’t really make a difference

1 Like