[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Even if someone has 2000 uploads, an audio can take more than 10 hours to get past the review (that’s what I have gathered so far, perhaps even more…) after this update.

Before it took a maximum of a few minutes, always less than 8-9 for me.

4 Likes

Well, I think that this Update is not that good for the Roblox Developer Community, since we all worked hard on getting these Audios and SFX’s to use them in our Games and Projects. I’m pretty sure that Roblox had no other choise, because so many Developers are using Copyrighted music which is totally unacceptable. If I’d be a Music Producer and a Roblox Game Developer would upload it into the Roblox Catalog that many people are using it, I’d have no other choise than sueing Roblox. So many Music Producer are in the exact same Situation and really need to get this type of ,behaivor, of many devs in a way reduced. I hope that this Update will get us more safety in the Audio and SFX section.

→ I also hate the Update, because I need some time to get new Audios right now. But it’s a good step for Roblox itself to get away from this type of ,Violations,

1 Like

10 per month for some? That’s only 120 a year, imagine a developer trying to make an FPS Game with this. It’s not going to work out, this update has more bad than good

10 Likes

They do not care about the little guys, they do not give any significant income.

2 Likes

All they simply want to do is avoid further lawsuits against the coorporation. I really think Roblox should find another way to do this.

All this verification stuff to get more audio is purely rediculous. This update is a true nightmare.

2 Likes

Thing is, I’m confused; HOW is this supposed to stop copyrighted audio?

Sure, they will disappear from Boomboxes, but games will most likely be able to create even more bypasses with free audio. At least the amount of audio was limited with 100 Robux, now it’s gonna flood in!

It’s lose-lose for everyone!

7 Likes

Exactly! They should have left the upload system as it was! Better paid than with a 10/month limit!

3 Likes

Instead of Boomboxes, just use Speakers.

You may now crown me as the king of roblox

In what case is it good for developers? It only benefits roblox from getting less lawsuits. 10 sounds per month. 10 sounds… and others being private? That does not benefit the community. But I do understand your standpoint on how we’re forgetting roblox is a business not just a game.

1 Like

This update would be ok if they didn’t delete the audio library. Now we can only upload 10 audio files, and what kind of game only has 10 sounds?

roblox please just update your moderation system instead of vaporizing 2/3 of games

4 Likes

would work the same way as boombox?

This is a terrible update with some good in it, Pros: Free Audio Uploading, Cons: Audio longer than 6 seconds will be automatically privated, Only 10 uploads per month for people with no id verification, Short time frame, Radio gamepasses will break, No way to upload more than the limit(just add the normal fee), and alot more

It’s just so bad, I have like 30+ sounds in my game and that would take about 3 months to reupload all of them since most people who uploaded audios before this have probably forgotten about their audios, you need to fix this, And in what way does this help anyone except for free audios, This just makes it difficult for people to make games in the long run since they have to replace ALL audios found on the audio thingy, Just let the audio be on the library and just send a message to users with sounds over 6 seconds long saying something about privacy or whatever your cause is

3 Likes

Congratulations Roblox, congratulations, the worst Roblox Studio update ever

1 Like

the worst roblox update, not only roblox studio

Day 3, 3500 replies and not even a “we hear you” from Roblox.

This corporation is actually revolting.

18 Likes

1 Like

This has to be, BY FAR, the worst ROBLOX update ever. :sob:

5 Likes

What? 10 audios for accounts without a verified ID? This might be some safety measure, but I’m not giving my personal information to ROBLOX. I don’t trust people with this kind of information except for people close to me.

3 Likes

I wish they weren’t going to remove sounds that are longer than 6 seconds and set the games to private permanently :frowning:

1 Like