[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I’m very disappointed with this “OK” Status.

1 Like

I don’t know how I could even find good replacements for any of my sounds in any of my games, I have not seen any free sound effects that match up to anything remotely similar.

Unless I want 6 second long lazer rifle blasts to replace my wind sound effects.

3 Likes

R U I N E D

absolutely ruined loooool

9 Likes

This update is very interesting, i got 2000 per 30 days!

1 Like

The limit’s been suspected to be based on place visits.

3 Likes

Well, goddammit. Every single audio that can be found in Toolbox now is going to be ruined. Yes, I understand that at least there’s free audio upload, but the boomboxes are now going to be ruined as well, because again, every single audio is going to be privated.

Oh and let’s not forget that every single of Roblox’s audio do not suit our needs at all, as they are kinda cringy and annoying XD.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is horrible, I could not imagine a more immersion-damaging update myself if I tried. Why is this being done now? Why is there no consideration for legacy games?

The time has come, I believe, for developers to stand up to this dogma of unreasonable forced updates

6 Likes

I totally stand with this. Roblox better change their mind like they do every other time they see this backlash.

4 Likes

I believe this is a positive change, but it has the potential to be incredibly damaging for creators with music gamepasses. How will this work? with only a two-week notice? What about the game developers who use their personal account and own a group game?

2 Likes

Absolutely, that’s why we need the audio from other users to continue making great games–err, I mean, eXpErIeNcEs.

If Roblox kills the entire UGC audio library with this change, I’m force quitting the developer community.

1 Like

This is absolutely awful. I use a ton of older audio from creators they likely will never log back in. Audio uploaded by friends, groups. This is in no way a good update.

3 Likes

Hmm, I think that this ruins a lot of old and no longer managed games. And in the short term everyone’s going to be frustrated.
But I think this will allow for more creative freedom in the long term.

1 Like

What would happened to these accessories do you think about?

1 Like

For pretty much all the games that I am currently working on or developing, 90% of music, important audios, or sound effects (that take longer than 6 seconds), would be unable to work due to this change. I feel like this update is game breaking for legacy games, and additionally creates a road block for developers searching for new audio during this transition.

I also feel like ROBLOX is trying its best to replace current audio with their new royalty free audio, but more often than not, most audios don’t fit games that I have developed in. Isn’t ROBLOX meant to make developing games -err, i mean “experiences”- easier for developers and not harder?

3 Likes

They would still work due to them being uploaded by Roblox. (hopefully)

3 Likes

Not too sure about this update, it seems fair enough to make these changes but stock audio isn’t going to cut it. The people that chose to upload these audios for a cost know what they are doing and are aware of the repercussions. I mean it’s alright but could have been better executed.

1 Like

i am hapy it will become free to upload
but why to make al the adios private?

1 Like

After the 30 days, will be afford audio with the robux? Feel free to reply.

A lot of people here seem to be having a negative reaction to this post due to them temporarily disabling the ability to offer free audio to other users.

However, that is only temporary. Letting creators allow other creators to use their assets is literally the life blood of this platform. The only thing that has changed is you can now upload audio for free, and those audio uploads are private by default.

I have a few concerns regarding the new changes. Can you bypass the monthly limit by paying the normal fee? If audio gets moderated as a false positive, do you get back the opportunity to upload another without wasting your free sound upload limit?

3 Likes