[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

BUT what about small developers that spent months on developing a game, now they have to replace their musics by some apm or monstercat contents, what do you think about that?

4 Likes

source and link to some of these? That would be very helpful for me

It’s 100 for ID-verified users, it’s most likely people who had DevEx’d before

Hey I exactly. Also consider I have spent over 4k on robux on audio (not expecting to be refunded) and my game has over 900 audio and my game isn’t even released yet! All of my projects have been cancelled as I can’t upload 900 of my audio again most are my old models but the torture of uploading that.

Audio uploading with monthly limits is a good idea but what wouldn’t be a good idea is to make audios all private. I mean all Roblox games need audio

As a member of the Military Developers I feel like this server is really stupid, we need audio to run our games.

E.G: Guns, Doors, Voice lines. etc

I feel like any Developer that has audio for every little thing.

2 Likes

This seems to be the only slightly beneficial thing to come out of this as we don’t need to worry about these assets getting stolen, but I’m still really concerned for all of the game developers who are unable to find/buy/create new audios because of the limit in place, or are unable to find new ones from the library that wont be impacted by this alteration.

2k posts wow, guys, continue to protest! We can’t let them win! Before it’s too late!!

3 Likes

Do this procedure with a copyrighted audio and you roll the dice whether you’ll get a strike or account delete.

I haven’t DevEx’d or verified, but I get 2k. I think the 2k audio limit is given to people who have at least 10-20k visits on a game, judging by what I’ve read in this thread.

Funnily enough, I save all my SFX when I make them, so reuploading shouldn’t be a problem.
The problem is that we shouldn’t have to do that in the first place.

2 Likes

i have 10k visits on a game too but i only have 10 audio uploads per month?

1 Like

You make a very good point. Roblox could even sue the companies for their legal harrassment and earn some extra buck for it in the process, so its a win win for them, I dont see why they dont tho…

On paper, yeah it seems like a fairly okay idea.
But in execution? It’s a massive roadblock, especially if you have thousands of sounds being used in a game.

2 Likes

its already too late.

5 Likes

Making an attempt to appeal to investors, apparently…
They need to consider us; the players, the developers, the people who make their platform their platform!

We’re the ones who have been making them money for 10+ years, we’re the people who caused the platform to become as popular as it is today.

The CEO needs to turn on his brain for 5 seconds and realize that this update is only harming the platform. We appreciate free audio uploads and all, but this is only bad for the community.

8 Likes

Check this petition Petition ¡ Petition Against Private ROBLOX Music Assets - New Update ¡ Change.org

Posted by someone I really hope roblox withdraw this update as its going to effect me badly and roblox market is alreddy falling to the ground.

4 Likes

I have 2 Place Visits and I have not DevEx’d or verified, but I get 2,000 Audio uploads a month

Capture

7 Likes

Will this impact plugins and how will this change impact plugins? For example, my plugin Studio Radio allows users to play audio tracks that are uploaded to Roblox, will they still be able to do that in the future?

1 Like

Well, moving Jailbreak over wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be.
We had about ~60 sounds hit from this change and we were able to save a large majority. We should be good to go on March 22nd when this change rolls out.
Our biggest loss will be the classical music radio station which is understandable. Although these written pieces don’t have royalties attached, whoever plays them do.

11 Likes