Add a CAPTCHA to Game Ratings

Introduction:

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to defend your game due to bots disliking your game as a target or simply because the person that wants to dislike/like your game wants to do it for fun and ruin your game.

Over the past 2 years and months, I have seen youtube videos, tweets, and especially my own eyes games that have been disliked botted by people who target a specific game to ruin their reputation and for the young audience out there: This game was hated, so I might not play it, or This game is bad by the community, so I will leave a dislike as well.

I have seen many games get liked botted to hide the fact that their game isn’t bad and everyone should play it, but some innocent games and well-made ones have been disliked botted, or just someone giving a dislike for no apparent reason with a verified email and then joining the game and leaving in order to dislike. Anyway, I will show you some examples of these problems:

First Example:

The first example has to be Tor_Laws Sinking Ship Simulator, he told last week that before his game was paid access, bots would dislike his game and causing the ratings to go from over 90% and dropping to 42%, which I felt bad, but then changed it to paid access.

Second Example:

The second example has to be from Headstackk game and his game was dislike botted a ton and made his game ratings drop from over 90% to under 30% which was a big drop for a well-made game that was targeted by a stranger.

Third Example:

This was an image and video from Koneko, and it showed a wonderful game that was well built and loved by the community and got 1000 dislikes from some sort of bot that was bought to make the game ratings drop a bit, which wasn’t fair at all.

^ Since of today, there have been more than 5+ games that are being dislike or liked botted from random users because for no reason, this might need some attention As soon as possible.

If Roblox did add this as a feature to game ratings, then a lot of games on the platform wouldn’t be in this mess as future games won’t be disliked or liked botted to gain attention from a young audience or a message from the ratio saying that this game isn’t great and most people hate it, but in reality, it’s a good game and has been tampered with.

Currently, right now you can just have a verified email and play the game for a minute or two and then dislike the game right away which makes it unfair for the developers and creators of the game that worked hard all day or night for users to actually like.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience and for the sake of the community because I think this would defend off many bots trying to dislike bot popular games or small games that many users on the platform like, and especially raids that are happening to many games on the platform and then they are labeled as Suspected Botted, which was either disliked botted in common issues.

^ Some games are getting this tag like 3-4 games that I’ve seen this past week or two getting this Suspected Botted tag which isn’t good.

A CAPTCHA that some suggested and might be used to upgrade Roblox’s CAPTCHA is maybe used ReCaptcha v3 or have the ability to not have a CAPTCHA every time you like/dislike a game, maybe 2 ~ 3 times a week depending on how many games you play and such.

TL;DR:

Add a CAPTCHA to avoid dislike botting or someone attempts to right away dislike/like the game and to make sure that the game ratio to like to dislike is save and not tolerated and tampered by some sort of script.

34 Likes

While this seems like it would work, unfortunately captcha solvers exist. That’s how a ton of bots are being generated in the first place.

11 Likes

I don’t want to spend a braindead 30-90 seconds solving captchas to like or dislike a game. No support for this one from me. Maybe only if you exceed a certain threshold, but not on every action.

7 Likes

I noticed you used my game as example

For my story I ended up utilizing paid access due rating botting (ever since such activation I’ve gotten little to no dislikes from my paying players). While the intention of this idea is good I believe it’s not the solution. Roblox should eventually consider a method for legitmiate games to have their ratings reset shall the ratings be botted. This would solve the issues for a lot developers, while still ensuring the ratings reflect the actual player’s views.

1 Like