Add a Captcha to the comments section

Yeah… on PC

Emoji on PC don’t get colored like that unless it’s twitter

They do. Windows 10 emojis get colored like that, same with OSX.

scamer has evolved to level 1337

1 Like

I agree

Chrome updated which adds support for emojis in text 'n stof

Yeah, this fact is very painful, because there isn’t a lot Google can do about it. It’d be nice if we could properly outlaw such a service, though that probably wouldn’t be possible.

So from what I am hearing, we could still add a captcha, but add an option that blocks certain keywords from posting, like freerobuxgenerator.org or something like that.

That will work.

1 Like

Now scam sites are

absdf.sdf

2 Likes

Posted it on Twitter but forgot to link: https://twitter.com/YouniteRBLX/status/777588126890024960

It’s cheap labour. Capchas are designed to be cracked by people and not machines. Therefore these services use live people to crack capchas. They aren’t bypassing the capcha, they go straight through as intended.

@jackintheblox What do you think? Good or bad idea?

It’s quite cheap to get them cracked through a service such as:

1/10th of a cent (0.001$) per solved captcha. If you take into account that one solved captcha could last you a while (since asking for a captcha for each action would be bad for user experience), this is rather cheap.

1 Like

Note that @berezaa’s long spam chain was posted within the same minute, and probably the same few seconds. Humans don’t have that bandwidth.

We get that captchas aren’t perfect; the cost of spamming just needs to be nonzero.

1 Like

If adding a capcha makes it even 1% harder for a spammer to spam comments, then I don’t mind having to do it.

I realize it’s not a solid solution, but it’s not hard to just click a button or type in some text. Because for me, I only comment every so often, where spammers will do it all the time.

Roblox needs to actively moderate comments, and needs a system in place that lets them immediately block text patterns as soon as they show up. Whitelisting their inputted ASCII characters on the server would prevent sketchy symbols and glitches from appearing in the comments.

1 Like

Yeah, let’s not let this thread die. That’d be great, thanks.

1 Like

I’m not gonna let this thread die. I’ll keep it up until I get a response/action.

I’m sure the Roblox team has plans in place for the comment sections, and they don’t want to announce such plans yet.

It isn’t just the comment section:

Each of the posts has a bot that pretty much breaks the thread, and makes the tab you have opened on that thread run slowly/crash if you scroll down far enough

ATR is in ruins right now.

Heres a post that was created by a bot, responded to by another one. This is actually ridiculous and something must be done ASAP.

2 Likes