Add a feature to update automatically plugins

Hello, everyone! A lot of you are forgetful (like me) and do not update your plugins often. Some others do not even know how to update them.

What’s my request

My request is to add a feature that will allow users to update their installed plugins automatically.

There will be those options for updating:

1. Update when not using Studio.
The plugins will only be updated when the user is NOT using Studio.
2. Update when using or not Studio.
Having this option turned on will update Studio plugins anytime.
3. Update all plugins at the same time.
Having this option turned on will update all plugins at the same time. This will be automatically disabled for old devices.
4. Update one plugin at a time.
This feature will be the recommended one for old devices. It will update one plugin and then the other one.

How this feature will help the others

This feature will help a lot of people. People that don’t know how to update their installed plugins or people that forget doing this will be helped a lot. Anyways, even a dev that isn’t forgetful who also knows how to update his plugins would be helped, too.

Thanks for reading my post and have a nice day!

7 Likes

Thanks for posting! We definitely want to add this feature. Currently we are focused on improving the security of plugins so they have to ask permissions to do scary things like make HTTP calls or tamper with scripts, but once we are done with all those improvements we will look into this.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.