Add a "Game not available on your platform" message replacing Error 103

As a Roblox developer and player playing on Xbox One, it is not possible to identify which games are unavailable to play on Xbox.

Through the friends list and recently played, players are able to find games that are not available to play on Xbox. Upon navigating to these games, the “games page” will display a Play button for any game no matter the playability.

(the game this Play button is displayed for is not available to play on Console)

Upon attemtping to join the game, Roblox starts loading the place as expected but shortly thereafter cancels this process and displays Error Code 103:

I would expect the Play button to change to a grey “Game unavailable” button or a similiar prompt, much like how attemtping to play a game on Mobile or PC might read “This game is not available on your platform”. The current implementation causes an awful experience, as I tried to play one of my favorite games on Xbox and am prevented from doing so without being told why.

Note: Discovery of games that are not available on Xbox is somewhat more difficult as they don’t show up on the Games page, but they can still be reached through your recently played / friends. I’m specifically asking to communicate a game not being available instead of hiding it from these locations, as hiding it does not communicate why the game is not playable.

78 Likes

Hey, bumping as I’d like the error codes on Xbox to be better.

@goldzun

My brother was facing issues joining a friend. My brother on Xbox, my brothers friend on computer.

We’ve been trying to find why my brother couldn’t join his friend on Roblox Arsenal. The game is available for Xbox, yet the error code 103 kept popping up. At one point the error code 106 popped up.

It’s apparently not a private server, maybe the game is full?

The situation is now ‘fixed’ from closing the Roblox app and opening it multiple times till it worked. Anyhow, the error codes should be better explained to the user and this story is an example of it.

Here an image of games not loading at all:

2 Likes

Hey Reditect.
We are working on revamping a lot of the non-happy path flows as well, with better error reporting

12 Likes

I used to play on another account on Xbox (I didn’t have Welcome to Bloxburg on it) and it said I can join Welcome to Bloxburg despite the fact I can’t buy or afford it

I believe this is resolved now, if it’s not available on the Xbox platform the join button gets greyed out and is disabled.

1 Like