Add a "Hide Tabs" button inside Roblox Studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard or very “impossible” to hide menu tabs inside Roblox Studio whenever trying to take a picture or video of studio and have to close and open up tabs such as the Output and Explorer tabs to have open for testing or selection Instances throughout the Explorer.

Anywho, I’ve been struggling for the past months and years whenever I’m working inside studio due to me closing and opening tabs left and right for taking images for some of my work whenever I open up a new place or for other cases. However, as a developer who uses many tabs for my development workflow and beneficial needs, it is hard to keep closing and open these tabs after a recent change in-studio or a re-organization in certain situations in studio.

A concept of what it could look like in the ribbon bar along with the other buttons:

RobloxStudioBeta_JQ4AanMOm5

Not too much of an artist, but the example does seem reasonable and nice for the ribbon bar.

Some use-cases and ways this will improve development:

• You don’t have to close a bunch of tabs from all directions and then have to re-enable them through tab-by-tab on the toolbar through the View and Model tabs and clicking on a button, that wastes time and frustration for shutdowns.

• It’ll make it easier to configure and set-up whenever studio shutdowns or wanting to view/test some stuff when running in Roblox Studio or videos for a close-up.

• Finally, it’ll improve my needs and another developer(s) needs similar to closing all the UI elements inside Roblox Studio to not get blindsided and have a clear screen whenever building or scripting and with this button in the ribbon tab, it’ll be a click and a boom and properties will be hidden.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I wouldn’t have to close or go back-and-forth opening and closing tabs Roblox Studio, and with a push or click of a button, all side(s) tabs will be hidden for easier movement and development workflow for taking images or smoother testing whenever in Roblox Studio and for other major purposes for small and big developers across the platform.

6 Likes