Add a manual 'Update Studio' button

Capture

Studio doesn’t always automatically update when you open it. In the screenshot you can see Studio is outdated, and to manually update it I have to go to the website and open the develop page (ew), then redownload the installer

Adding a button to manually update studio inside of studio would speed up workflow and be much better UX

20 Likes

Bump. As a developer, it’s impossible to update studio manually, there has to be workarounds used such as un-installing and re-installing studio, which takes up so much time as developers on the platform.

Currently, I need to un-install + re-install studio or disable beta features and enable them back to update studio so it’s up-to-date; this shouldn’t be the case at all IMO so that developers wind up wasting a good 2 ~ 4 minutes doing so. A button to update studio that’ll take up less time than doing workarounds would be helpful for my workflow as a developer working on projects and exploring the API.

Past couple of months I had to deal with this, it’s tiring and a waste of time to use other methods to update. Add a button to update studio automatically. :+1:

8 Likes