Add a new accessory type for facial hair

If the beard is a face accessory, you can’t wear glasses.
If the beard is a hair accessory, you can’t wear non-facial hair.

This would be solved by giving beards their own category: facial hair.

13 Likes

I think we should distinguish between the placement on the head rather than the use of the category - so, I agree on the feature request, but “Facial hair” locks its use.

Eye-covering accessories should go to one category
Mouth-covering accessories should go to your suggested category

That would solve the issue while also allowing bandanas and surgeon masks to be in that category.

I think this feature request tackles the symptom – not the cause. How many more categories and exceptions do we need to be able to avoid limitations on good outfits? Too many to count – to name a few: left shoulder & right shoulder, outer back & inner back, belt & tail, etc. Users will always find good outfits that are blocked by category limitations, and we can’t keep adding new ones forever.

Category limitations were added to prevent players from clipping accessories, but there are three main issues with that:

1. The misguided notion that aesthetics are more important than empowering user creativity
  2. The main offenders for clipping are hats, so the limit does jack shit to stop clipping
  3. The discrepancy between hat/other limitations unnecessarily convolutes and complicates user experience

Category limitations don’t contribute anything good. We were told a better solution was being looked into, but it appears one wasn’t found. It’s time to own up to the mistake, instead of pouting for a year like with the topbar, and make it right.

4 Likes

the problem with this is accessories that cover both the mouth and eyes, like masks. i really dont think its practical for roblox to spend the resources to recategorize face accessories and implement a workaround so that some people can get beards and glasses back (sorry)

off topic: im really sick of this

roblox empowers user creativity by paying us hundreds of thousands of dollars to make games
i already wrote like a million word essay on why complaining about avatars is stupid

You’re misunderstanding that empowering developer creativity is the same as empowering user creativity. We’re not the only ones who use ROBLOX – the vast majority of our playerbase doesn’t touch Studio, much less make a dime from DevEx.

2 Likes

pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls

1 Like