Add a new poll setting, which if enabled, locks out users who haven't replied to the post

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get reliable feedback from polls, as I can never figure out why the majority thinks a certain way about a creation or idea I have whenever I request for feedback. People will always vote on the polls, but they will just vote and never respond. It’s extremely annoying, as I can never get reliable feedback on how to improve my work.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I would then be able to get reliable feedback from user’s who vote on my polls.

And if this doesn’t happen to you, here is a good example of this happening to me.
Here’s a 6:1 Vote-Comment ratio that I got from asking for feedback. Mostly negative, and it seems that only one person replied out of anything else, and the reply aint even feedback. This is incredibly frustrating, as I can’t even get actual feedback at a place that’s supposed to be used for developers to get feedback.
Screenshot 2022-12-04 123027

Thanks for reading.

5 Likes

I agree, it’s extremely frustrating that people will vote on your poll and not give any reason why they did that.

Have you considered not making a poll or making it more detailed to solve this problem?

1 Like

Polls are useful through, as it’s easier to see who likes and doesn’t like.

This won’t solve the problem really, because poll’s make it easier to take count of how many people voted on x choice. And making it detailed also doesn’t solve the issue.

1 Like

This would also make this more easier, as I’ve noticed that in many of my polls that the majority if not half of the users who view my post just vote and leave.

And also if your referring to the one that I have in development discussion currently, I’m not referring to that one specifically, as It was just created a few m ago.

Yes, that may be part of the problem. Polls give users a reason to leave quickly. If you don’t allow them to vote on a poll, you can collect in depth feedback from replies.

Just to clarify, i’m not disagreeing with the feature request, but I’m just suggesting some easy and simple solutions.

I agree. The best thing to do is ask for written constructive criticism to gain more accurate and detailed feedback.

2 Likes

that’s why it should be an option to make it so that people have to actually comment on the post to vote.

1 Like

This is a horrible idea that will only encourage more “posting for the sake of posting” and assorted “charrrrrs” type spam posts.

If you want opinions/thoughts, then ask for opinions/thoughts. If you just want ratings, then you ask for ratings.

Plus, a good rule for life is “don’t ask questions you don’t want to know the answer to”
3 Likes

If you’re thinking about it this way, I’m not really sure what to tell you. It’s very clear that I want people to comment detailed opinions and reasons on why they would give me a good or bad rating. And also, there’s a reporting feature for a reason. If you want to be a lazy person [Not talking about you specifically] then instead just don’t even bother with the post if you don’t want to put any effort into making a comment on a post asking for feedback.

Once again, the polls are used for collecting feedback, but I want to not only use the poll for ratings, but I want and need feedback to actually make x thing better. Use should use ratings and feedback to get an overall score and basis on what everyone thinks about x creation.

If you didn’t see my example at the top, I only got one comment, and 7 reviews, and the comment didn’t even give me a detailed opinion on why they think that my creation was bad, and the other 6 didn’t even make a comment, so how do you think I’m supposed to know why people rated my creation poorly on average?

And can you also explain how this relates to anything? And sorry if I’m sounding critical, but I’m genuinely confused…

1 Like

1 Like

this image perfectly visions why this should be a feature.

1 Like

Ahem

• This should be implemented
  • Nah, don’t implement this
  • I don’t care

0 voters

Personally, I would like that option. I bet so much people would just click and leave

You do not have to tell me why you picked a choice, but it would be nice if you did

To be fair, you’re not allowed to ask for ratings of something on the DevForum. So that’s issue is on you.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I think what I would encourage is to be explicit in what you’re asking other users for when they read your post – if you want them to comment and provide feedback then be sure to say that.

If all they see is an image and a poll, then they will vote on the poll and think thats all you’re asking for!

11 Likes