Add a scrubbing bar to the audio preview window in the Toolbox

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to preview audio in the Toolbox efficiently. There is no way to scrub through audio in the toolbox without inserting it into your place.

I propose adding a simple scrubbing interface to the asset previewing window for all audios. Here’s a basic before and after I whipped up with GIMP:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I wouldn’t have to insert audios into my place every time that I wish to scrub through them.

28 Likes

Was just about to make a topic on this but luckily I found this in the search bar.

Not only is this a necessary studio feature, but the website needs scrubbing too. In both the library and on the individual asset page:

This is such an essential QoL update.

• Because audio doesn’t save where you were when you last played the audio, if you accidentally exit the audio (especially true for website viewing,) you’re going to have to start all the way from the beginning.

• This isn’t a PlayPosit. There’s no reason you can’t jump ahead or wind backwards, scrubbing is essential.

• You’ve already shown that you can do this with videos, where’s the scrubbing for audio?

• You’re able to easily see if there’s any explicit language or loud sound hidden in the back instead of blindly trusting the audio, or listening to it for up to 7 minutes.

Please, please add this. It would save me, and many others so much time when trying to listen to a certain song.

8 Likes

Hey, thanks for reporting this - we have some improvements to the Toolbox coming up which address this for Studio.

We are also looking into adding similar functionality to the website.

13 Likes