Add a Sound/Music Review Category

For the longest of times Music has been a major role for many lives. I believe that Music Composers here in Roblox deserve more credit and recognition for what they do for artists in the music they make for them.

The 7th Annual Bloxy Awards even had a category for Sound Design.
Yet we still don’t have a category. As much as people like visual arts, we still need to appreciate the existence of music artists.

The music of a game or film is what really portrays all of the emotion. Can you imagine Gears of War or Halo without a grand, epic soundtrack? Can you imagine Titanic or Jaws without the music to really get the fear and sadness over to the audience?
So it’s clear that music is very important. Many people take it as a stress-relief.

I strongly feel like Roblox should make a category just to admire the existence of Music Composers.
I’d even go as far as to say that, for me, it’s the music that really makes a game stand out. When I think about all the games that I count as the best ever, each of them has an absolutely fantastic soundtrack, which perfectly sets the mood, scale and emotion of the game.

By adding this category:

• We will allow Music Artists/Composers to have a field in which they can discuss/rate their music.

• We will give more opportunities for more Music Artist/Composers to volunteer and feel important in Roblox.

• We will make more people interested and may possibly learn how to make/compose Music (Just like Visual Art)

• We can make people get feedback from other Music Composers/Artists.

• If anyone had a problem with their audio/music they can use this category instead of Tags.

visual

A Clear Visual if it were to be true:

It can also look something like:

opinion

Your opinion matters! That’s why we would like to know how you feel about it.

We would love to hear your opinions and thought about this.

Poll

Please do Participate in this Poll (every vote counts!) :

What is your opinion on this topic?
  • I strongly agree.
  • I somewhat agree.
  • I disagree.

0 voters

If you disagree please do vote in the poll. If you want to clarify it more please do reply!

If you dislike it then why?
  • It’ll be abused. Don’t add it!
  • It makes no sense, just post it in Cool Creations
  • You can rarely find one Music Composer.
  • We don’t need a lot of categories.
  • Other

0 voters

__ goodluck

1 Like

While this may be useful to some, I find it to be too specific of a category. Art Design Support already encompasses various artforms from animation to music/sound.

9 Likes

Yes, as @EpicCheatCodes, it’s way too specific (sound and music are too specific within themselves, and when compared with the larger umbrella of “art”).

Plus, note the difference between a support category and a feedback category. The former asks help because the given code, build, etc. isn’t working as intended, however, the latter is when everything works but the OP just wants to get thoughts on improving the contraption. Support categories include scripting, art, and building support. Feedback categories include cool creations and code review.

This is why it’s a bit strange to have support categories for audio–I can’t really imagine what people can ask help for, I can only think of feedback (which is why the cool creations category also allows music).

So, before adding new categories, it’s important to think how much it will serve to sort posts of its kind and whether adding too many categories will make it confusing overall.

4 Likes

You can just showcase / ask for feedback for sound in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations, and if you have any specific issues you need to bring to the community, you can post these in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support.

It’s unnecessary to create an entirely new subcategory for music when the two subcategories I’ve listed perfectly encompass what you’re asking for.

(I know I posted these points on your other thread, but I’m reposting them here since this is an actual feature request rather than a discussion.)

1 Like

Adding this mean that we would need to add a #gfx-review, #drawing-review, and etc. This music/sound review category fits perfectly in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support , so I don’t think we need it.

2 Likes

As much as it’d be a nice place for users to share their music, there aren’t enough people posting music-related content in here. Just like @DavidNet22 said, post it in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support.

1 Like

If a song isn’t flowing well, or the mood feels off, they can ask in support. Or, if they want to know what plugin chain they should use for a certain track, etc.

Well you are right it does in fact mention that in the #help-and-feedback:art-design-support

There is no need in doing all that. Music is art but it’s not visual. All the things you mentioned are visual. We can see them. But Music is not visual. It can’t be seen.

So? The same reason you are using to request this category can be used by gfx and 2d artists to request their own specific category. #help-and-feedback:art-design-support doesn’t stands only for visual arts so I don’t get it.

I do agree, however, that music composers deserve more recognition and should be more appreciated.

1 Like

Never use #help-and-feedback:art-design-support to post your work for feedback, showcase, suggestions or anything like that. Use it only when you need specific technical help about it.

Use #help-and-feedback:cool-creations instead, tag it with #music(and yes, I read every single topic containing that tag) and it is easily accessible for composers if done correctly.

4 Likes

I just watch tags like: #music, #composer, and other related tags so I’m notified of all things sound pretty much.