Add a "Spoken Languages" tab to the Creator page

As a bilingual translator it is hard to showcase what languages you speak as a person.

Currently, we’re bound to the 300 character limit in the Bio and 500 characters in the description of an experience. With that we need to pick and choose what we want to highlight without going into detail of who we are, what we do and how we do it.

I know translators who work with Roblox games that have different certifications to back their skills up but with the limit we’re bound to, many (including me) choose to omit this information as not everyone finds it very important compared to just knowing that we speak the languages they require for the task.

Being able to showcase what languages we speak can broaden our reach in terms of being able to create more professional connections with others who speak our language as well as make it easier to select what we want to showcase as our commissioned work for those who speak more than just one language. In this day and age, people around the globe speak more than one language and being able to showcase this as a potential asset for work relations could help those who aren’t exactly fluent in English and natively speak another language.

If Roblox were to address this issue, it would certainly make it easier to find people for translation jobs or just to network more easily in your own language. Roblox has been about connecting people around the globe for the past few years and I am certain that this would help with this goal.

28 Likes

Hey!

One of the things that’s wonderful about this community is how diverse it is across geography and language, and we try to always push that - it’s quite literally our mission (‘bringing the world together through play’)! We definitely see Talent Hub as a global product, so ‘spoken languages’ is a feature we’ve been discussing. This goes hand in hand with other related features such as ‘timezone compatibility’. For now, I couldn’t say when it will come out, but rest assured we’re definitely thinking about it.

Thanks

15 Likes