Add a telltale feature to the redirecting page during log in

Previously some time ago I was opening DevForum and logging in to it again(after logging out for reloading avatar icon). There is no indication of the site redirecting that is clear. From my point of view after the steps of logging in, I basically skipped reading the entire header text.

Perhaps I suggest that we need some kind of “loading wheel” or something similar that moves that tells us that it is redirecting, like any loading screen. It is highly beneficial for the user experience if this simple feature exists.

The issue is that I sometimes accidentally hit the button during the redirect while I was redirecting, and logging in simply fails after pressing the button.

6 Likes

This is good feedback, thank you for posting and we’ll action on this.

3 Likes

This has shipped: there is now a spinner while a redirection is in progress and hint text that pops up after a few seconds.

In the vast majority of cases the redirect should just work; the cancel hint is still provided in case the browser blocked the redirection for some reason, but is less pronounced than the old try again button.

Thanks again for your feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.