Add a way to cancel/undo flag

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to cancel/undo the flag when accidentally flagged someone. Because one time, when I flagged someone at the same time as they edited their post. And when I tried to find a thing to undo/cancel but there’s no thing to do it.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because DevForum moderators wouldn’t waste their time checking my falsely flagged someone and it would be a good thing to add a feature or a way to cancel/undo flag.

8 Likes

I don’t think this is a necessary feature. When you post a flag, the moderator should review it. Incorrect flags are already rejected and a report cannot be sent, whichever of the report options in the topic or answer is relevant, in order to avoid the same flags.:black_flag:

Also, when you write your message in the “Something else” option and send it, go to the "Messages" section and go to the sent messages. From there you can edit or delete your message.
Also, you don’t have to worry about it. Even if you made an incorrect report, the topic or answer you reported will be reviewed, as there may be another issue.

In addition, this feature is unfortunately not possible, as this will create confusion. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

On Discourse forums, on a profile there is a thing called helpful flags (moderators/admins of the forum can see this) and if they ever reopen Regular again, then people may not be able to get it to due to accidental unhelpful flags.

You’re completely right on deleting/editing your message, I don’t know if it deletes/edits the entry on the admin panel though.

How is it not possible? This was literally a feature a couple years ago, but it was removed for some reason. If a post is flagged for, being in the wrong category for example, and the OP can easily correct it, then the flaggers should be able to undo it once it’s in the correct category.