Add ammo system to Weapons Kit

No problem! Really happy to help

3 Likes

Hey man sorry for replying so late, but all i wanted to say is that im nearly finished the ammo system (specifically the ammo boxes). I will reply again once i will be finished

3 Likes

thank you very much
I am really looking forward to you

2 Likes

I would suggest you to make your own weapons system instead of using the roblox weapons kit. Its bad, glitchy and unoptimized. Don’t use it.

3 Likes

I was thinking of making a new weapons for myself because that way I can add more features, but with your words I was convinced that I have to make a new weapons for myself, thank you for informing me

3 Likes

wait, so does that mean the ammo system im almost done making will be no use anymore, or what?

4 Likes

I use ammo system for the game, because even if I want to make a new weapon, a lot of time is wasted and my game is left without a weapon, because I do not know anything about making a new weapon. I use the weapons kit for the game until I completely learn how to make a new weapon. Your efforts will not be wasted, because I am thinking of other games that need this

2 Likes

Okay alright. I will make sure i will finish and show the ammo system by today. Since theres not much left, its most likely going to be finished today.

3 Likes

Thank you, you are helping me a lot
You have a big role in my game and I will definitely mention your name in the game

3 Likes

I really appreciate that! But even if you dont, its still fine! The main point is that you are getting help on something you are struggling with, and you are learning something from that. I already feel proud helping you on what you are struggling with, and what you are learning from it, i do not expect anything back.

3 Likes

Just a quick question, which weapons are you using from the weapons kit (i know pistol, but what else, AR, SMG etc.)?

3 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking of using all the weapons

2 Likes

Unfortunately, i dont think i can finish today. I really apologize for the very long wait, but i can tell you that progress is going VERY well! I am trying to make the Ammo System as fine as possible, which is pretty much why its taking me so long.
Again, I apologize for such long waiting. Once I will finish, i will be posting all the directions on this topic.

2 Likes

No problem, even if it takes a month or more, I’ll wait
What you are doing is a big job and it must be very hard
And it takes a long time, I understand, thank you for working on this project :green_heart:

3 Likes

Here’s a picture of what i have already done:

1 Like

There seems to be a problem when you press R on keyboard to reload the gun. I was unable to make the LimitedAmmo subtract when R was pressed when the gun did not lose all the ammo yet. It does not seem like the key R can be used in other scripts for UserInputService. This is to blame the Weapons Kit System.
However, i did find a way to disable reloading when R is pressed, and just wanted to ask you if you’d want to have it disabled. Cuz otherwise, the ammo system can easily be misused

3 Likes

If the player can abuse this method
Yes disable

3 Likes

I wish i can do a fix on this but id have to deeply modify the weapon’s kit, making sure no errors occur.
Okay, so to disable reloading, you have to go to your own WeaponSystem folder which should only be placed in ReplicatedStorage. In the WeaponSystem folder, go to the WeaponTypes folder, and go in the BulletWeapon module script. Press Ctrl H and search onReloadAction in the bar. There will be 2 matches for this only, you want to go on the first match. It should look like this:

On the very end of the line, you will see Enum.KeyCode.R. Just remove that and reloading when R is pressed will be disabled. it shall look like this:
Before:
After:

2 Likes

one more question: can people have as many weapons as they want at the same time (like in the backpack i mean), or they can only have one weapon in the backpack? And is there other tools that will be included in the backpack (like medkit or something)? Im asking because i need clarification to know if i am ready to give the ammo system or not

3 Likes

Thanks for the tutorial above. Yes, the player may find other items in the game

3 Likes