Add an “other languages” categories to the International Category

As a bilingual developer that doesn’t speak in any of the forum supported languages, it’s currently impossible to post in the #international category without picking either of the sub-categories. I’m a Polish speaking developer and since there’s no category for Poles to post in Polish, therefore I don’t not have a category to post in.

With #international:other, the DevRelations would be able to see an estimated number of people speaking in certain languages which could contribute to seeing which languages to add to the group of supported languages. Other developers would also be encouraged to post in their language.

2 Likes

While I’m not bilingual myself, I can definitely see this helping with Roblox’s internationalization efforts.

To add to this post, I feel like tags could be utilized pretty effectively in conjunction with this, as it would allow users to very easily search for their own language amongst the others in the category. It would also presumably allow DevRel to gauge interest for individual languages! If a tag could be created for each major language then I really think this could help

1 Like

I believe that users can create tags.

I don’t think they’d be very eager to add a category like this since they cannot moderate posts unless there is a DevEng member that is specifically hired for that language, and having a category for it might encourage people to talk in unsupported languages more often than usual. Right now they have staff members for English / Spanish / French / German / Brazilian Portuguese.

4 Likes

That’s a shame… Well, I’ll be looking forward to seeing more of the categories getting added then.