Add animations to game explorer as game assets

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to …
Use the same animation in different universes (games) in different groups.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because …
It would minimize the usage of my scripts and adding hordes of useless lines to my scripts for every animation. My group uses a developer site to bug test privately, this place is in a separate group.

Okay that said, I am requesting the feature for you to add animations to the game explorer. This would allow animations to be used for only a universe, subtracting the need to use 4 lines of code instead of one.
See: https://prnt.sc/tzbi4b

There are already game assets and I don’t see why we couldn’t have game animation assets.

To add some more context as to why we have a separate group with the beta game for testing.
The only way to restrict people from visiting the game is either Asset Access or Group Members. Since we cannot restrict it to a rank, we cannot have the private site in the public group. Which is why we have a private group, so we can control who can beta test. (We need beta testers that cannot have asset access).

Also yes, I could make a whitelist script, but the game is loaded and can be saved via exploit. For reasons we don’t want anything being leaked from the game going to the public.

A better solution could be adding a beta access game type that is locked to a condition. (Off-Topic to here)

5 Likes