Add colour to the website again!

Hello! I’m afraid this doesn’t quite fit the template, as this isn’t a request that would benefit developers specifically. I’m asking that the website team adds back some of the colour they removed from the site.

If you’re asking why, I present to you the like/dislike bars since the update:

Now, I have pretty good eyesight, but it’s very difficult for me to tell where the bar ends, as the dislike section blends into the background.

Additionally, text needs to have more contrast against backgrounds in general - in the chat window especially, where the thin, medium grey text on a light grey background is difficult to read at a glance.

Thank you.

31 Likes

I believe Roblox is trying extra hard to have a professional looking website, and all they’ve done is remove the life the website had.

You can have a professional website without having a grey and boring website. Look at Twitter or Facebook, or even the Developer Forum itself.

11 Likes

Even Google has more color to it than Roblox does right now.

This new design is actually one of the worst ones I’ve seen. It’s so dead and bland, and makes spotting differences between things you used to be able to do easily a total pain.

8 Likes

I was pretty hesitant to say the website is boring because I know the site team are going for “professional” in pursuit of Roblox’s new branding, but yeah, I agree it’s lost a lot of the life it had before.

Same as above - it’s good to know I’m not the only one, at least. I can understand Roblox wanting to take the back seat and let the developers shine, but honestly I think making the site all grey detracts from that - as you said it’s more difficult to see what you’re doing.

Colour is a very important UX consideration, as it’s one of the driving factors behind how we process what’s in front of us - make a button red, for example, and you make the user pause for a moment before clicking it. Not only does a colourful site generally look and feel nicer, but it makes it easier to navigate as we have more cues to draw from.

6 Likes