Add cone to primitive parts

Cone would be really useful in many cases, from making rockets to castles. It should be added next to these shapes:

c6445ead1377792504f26bba24ec5645

Side note: Roblox Studio already has one! The camera pointers on team-create are a combination of a cone, sphere and a cylinder:

c27b5a5e87334ca7cdab19ebce9d6993

51 Likes

Update to the request: Developers would also make good use of the torus shape. Some examples for its use could be sights for guns or rings to go through to earn some kind of reward.

Also, note that only primitive parts can be used for CSG modeling.

14 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with adding a torus basepart. A cone basepart would also be great (especially for CSG :eyes:).

I often make hollow pipes and various structures that require rings. I default to using an old ring mesh or fiddling with CSG. CSG for this use is not very practical.

Making a torus with CSG is a pain for several reasons:

• It’s not easy to edit the completed torus’ wall thickness (or really any CSG shape)
  • It’s not easy to properly scale a CSG object
  • CSG computation issues
  • Way more clicks and effort to make a single torus
  • Don’t even get me started on making a beveled torus (that said, the option to bevel baseparts would also be great)

For cones I end up using an old party hat mesh - which works… but… it’s really silly workaround. I can’t even really wrap my head around how to make a perfect cone with CSG. Probably would be really low-poly if even possible by the tri limit.

Plenty of 3D modeling tools have toruses and cones as primitives (Blender, Maya, ZBrush, etc.). Level creation tools have them (Unreal and Hammer). Roblox should join them.

4 Likes