Add Game Icons and Thumbnails from Studio

It seems like the website is slowly fading into Studio. Still cool though - will definitely use as it seems much faster than switching to the website.

2 Likes

Good addition, maybe i’ll finally stop pressing wrong buttons in http://roblox.com/develop :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is worrying though because sometimes I’ll be away from my computer (desktop PC) and want to change the game description or swap out a thumbnail, and I have the ability to do that on a phone, a tablet, a friend’s laptop, and very quickly without additional software.

If they genuinely do move it all to studio it will become impossible to do little things like that.

Hopefully there will always be a website way, even if it ends up being more hidden and convoluted.

Side note: I’m super pumped for this update, it’s very handy when I do have my pc to have all this stuff inside studio for convenience, provided it remains a convenient alternative, not the replacement.

5 Likes

Would you be able to add any functionality where we can pre-moderate game icons and thumbnails before publishing them? Currently we have to either upload them as an image or place them in a test place. It has a big effect on our game image to have a pending icon or to risk having a declined icon in a live game.

5 Likes

This will save so much time, thanks Roblox!

1 Like

Great addition to studio! Makes things alot faster now with this feature

Now studio should add a feature where you can configure your game while your in studio instead of going on to the website

1 Like

Man, this is great idea to adding game icons and thumbnails like that!

1 Like

Seems alright, now I don’t have to start jumping into the website to upload them.

1 Like

Great addition! It’s not that different from just using the website (just swap out Studio with web browser), but I can see it paving the way for much more advanced options (like uploading screenshots directly).

1 Like

Awesome, now all we need is an option to “Hide” places. My develop page is full of stuff that i dont need or want.

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Love this update. Huge time saver on seeing what an Icon/Thumbnail looks like before actually uploading. Love the fact that you can also change a Game’s Description and Info as well as just the Graphics.

Nice update. :+1:

Experimental mode has been removed.

2 Likes

removed*, not just deprecated. It doesn’t exist anymore.

4 Likes

Hmm. I actually used this about a week ago.

Great Update! Gets better every time. :+1:

1 Like

I love how creating a game on Roblox is starting to combine into one place. Thanks for pushing this forward. Great changes. It might soon be to the point to where I do not need to have Chrome open when creating a Roblox game.

It would be cool if Roblox created a mobile app so you see your game’s stats and edit your game details, kinda like how YouTube’s Studio app lets you do that.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts