Add GSync support for studio

Studio doesn’t work with gsync right now. It’s annoying to switch monitors/gsync settings just because I want to use studio. It would improve my workflow if this support was added.

This feature would also prevent other users with gsync from being confused and frustrated. It is NOT obvious that gsync is the culprit for the studio behavior in the linked thread:

4 Likes

Studio does support GSync. It is VSync specifically that causes problems.

Fine:

Also fine:

Not fine:

Keep VSync configured to respect the application setting and Studio will behave properly regardless of whether you are using GSync or not. If you force VSync globally, then you’ll have problems with all of the applications that did not previously use it for a reason, Studio included. You can specifically opt-out Studio from VSync in Program Settings, though you’ll need to change it every update since the executable path changes. Or just respect the 3D application setting globally.

6 Likes

These are my settings. I don’t have vsync “on” I have it set to “use the 3d application setting” like you recommended. Studio still does not function properly.

The only way to make studio work is seemingly with this setting

I have a GSync 144Hz monitor with VSync = Use the 3D application setting and do not experience any problems:

You may have forced Studio to run with VSync or at a higher refresh rate somewhere else.

2 Likes