Add hovering text in model uploads/updates

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to update models if we have more than one model starting with same name, since it cuts the name if it is too long, and as a suggestion I had was to add text appearing if you hovers over the model you are looking at

The workaround I have used for a long time now is to go to the Develop page where it shows it’s full name so I then can match it in the studio, but it’s not always easy to do and easy to do mistakes that way

9 Likes

Can relate, this is extremely tedious especially when it comes to updating animations (for me). I usually use long names because I use the following “[AnimatedModelName] - [AnimationType]”, which easily gets cut off due to its length.

Another workaround could be just using the standard list that is displayed in the develop page, pretty much what your second image is showing. I really don’t see the point in having a horizontally and vertically organized list of models if it cuts off the most important part of any uploaded model, the name… Nobody really needs to see a lot of information in a small area, and its much easy to find what you’re looking for if your eyes are moving mostly vertically, and not both ways… I don’t know, this is true for me personally anyway…