Add "My Places" to Roblox Studio menu

As a Roblox developer it is impossible to open individual places of a game from Roblox Studio menu without having to open the start place of that game.

I can only open games themselves (start places). To open a specific place of a game, I need to go to Create page on Roblox website and then look for it in Places.

There is no “My Places” category on the side bar: image

If Roblox would add a “My Places” category, it would greatly decrease the time it takes to open a specific place of a game. It would be much more convenient too.
I imagine there would be an option to sort by specific games only, to avoid places being mixed together.

6 Likes

We intentionally did not add a places section in Studio – we found it was confusing developers. Games are the top-level construct and a game can contain one more more places. You can conceptualize games as projects which contain a bunch of levels (places).

We acknowledge that currently it takes a while to open a non-start place from Studio. We’re investigating what can be done to address this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.