Add option in output widget to disable stacking

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to read the output in the output window because of the way the widget stacks identical print statements. When you get many prints of the same thing, after a while, it begins to lag studio.

Often times, identical print statements have different contexts/meanings depending on the order in which they were printed. For example, here I was printing how many bits I was reading, followed by the value of the bits. When I expand the stacked prints, they are indented, making it harder to read.

If Roblox let us disable output stacking, it would be easier to read the output, and it would lag less when multiple of the same thing is printed.

Multiple esteemed people in the Roblox community have expressed consensus on this.

John Shedletsky on Twitter: “@sleitnick @DonaldFReynolds @Elttob_ I wonder what use case this feature actually solves. As a dev, I would never want my printfs to be stacked. And if I did, I would stack them myself.” / Twitter

9 Likes

Hi, we added this feature now, and is live! You can find this under the “Stack lines” option.

Thank you for your feedback!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.