Add PM’s For Non-Members of Devforum

Hi, as someone who likes to work in teams, I would like to have PM’s open for non-members of Devforum in some way. I know having them able to do this is risky, so I think the best thing to do is for a member of Devforum to invite them to a new PM chat / group chat. The reason why this would be helpful is because some developers don’t have access to Devforum yet, and PM’s are a great way of communicating with devs.

13 Likes

Wouldn’t it be more efficient to use a 3rd party platform that’s made for that specific purpose? I can’t see this being implemented since the forum isn’t really made for that

12 Likes

If you’re talking about Discord, you’re right, but some people don’t feel comfortable with it. Discord also has a lot of risks to it and you can get a lot of your personal data leaked, so Devforum would be way more safer.

4 Likes

What risks? The chances of a data breach are incredibly low unless you’re dumb and click an IP logger link. Just stay safe and you’ll be fine. “uncomfortable with it” seems like a rationalization attempt for this request instead of something actually logical.

5 Likes

Some people can’t access discord for multiple reasons like country laws [ties to me] and parents not letting them access it. not everyone here is old enough to use discord [some countries have different age requirements for discord, mainly EU members]

8 Likes

We don’t officially support this as a use case on the forum right now and have no plans to support a use case like that in the near future. The forum is primarily intended for (1) staff to user and (2) forum user to other forum user communication.

I’d recommend considering using other tools for the purpose of team communication for your creator projects.

11 Likes

So basically…this is either the onsite Roblox DMs, or using something like Discord?

3 Likes

You realize that if you have a verified email, you can join the forum and get visitor instantly, after that, starting a DM functions exactly how you mentioned in this post, where a member or higher has to invite them first

6 Likes

Before I posted this I tested it first. I don’t know what happened, maybe I just misspelled their username? Sorry.

Also, I just tried sending something to a non-member. It went through, but I asked him if he got the message but he said there was no notification or even the option to look at his messages.

Edit: Never mind, he saw the message now.

2 Likes

There should be a button on the topright corner of the DevForum website saying Log in to Forum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.