Add script traceback to new HSV warnings

Earlier this week, Roblox toggled a new warning regarding HSV out of range values. This is fine, but as you can see my codebase uses this function in several places. I cannot be expected to test all of them to find out what is causing problems.

This was an issue recently with the new density warnings, and Roblox added a simple script traceback in the beginning of the warning telling you exactly where the call happened. Would be great if this warning could either be reverted, or improved with a script traceback.

5 Likes

Hi @Usering , thanks for the feedback, I can create an internal ticket and see if we can improve the warnings.

2 Likes

Is there any update on this? I have 23 matches for fromHSV in my codebase, it could be any number of those and currently I have no idea which one is causing issues without doing extensive testing to determine them.

Hi @Usering, we’ve created an internal ticket and are aware of the issue. However, right now, we’re in the process of prioritizing some other tasks, but please know that addressing your concern is important to us. We’ll do our best to handle it as soon as we can, and thank you for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

That’s alright, I appreciate the response!