Add scripting Transitions with Easing, can be applied to objects and guis

I’ve made a few small games with the Corona SDK and it has a really useful Transition Library. Roblox could really benefit from adding something similar.

You can transistion almost ANYTHING from A to B. A and B can be object or gui positions, colors, size, rotation… you tell it where to start, where to end, how long to take, how many iterations to do. If you don’t want a linear Transition you can use an Easing curve. You can call a function when the transition Completes. The transitions can be paused, resumed , canceled , repeated.

I can’t tell you how good this is. Please read this >> http://docs.coronalabs.com/api/library/transition/index.html
If you play around with it, you’ll want to add this to roblox.

I don’t really see this being added. There’re already quite a few tweening libraries and functions available on roblox and the internet.

Really?
As far as i know Roblox only tweens gui objects. I’m talking about extending that to tween objects and object properties. is there no need for an better way to transition parts?

part.transition.to(transparency { a=0,b=1,time=5.5,onComplete=playSound()}

or move something

part.BodyPosition.transition.to(position{a = part.Position, b = Vector3.new(100,10,58.3), time=10, Easing = sine, iterations=5, onComplete=Explode()})

Use this.

Did the owner not post there are better alternatives?

Did the owner not post there are better alternatives?[/quote]

Please show me this, then.

Please show me this, then.[/quote]
Although it may not seem clear, it implies that there are indeed, better alternatives.

Source

thx. i’ll see what i can do with this.

Please show me this, then.[/quote]
Although it may not seem clear, it implies that there are indeed, better alternatives.

Source[/quote]

He was saying that it shouldn’t be used as a default in the context you were talking about:

The BodyMover objects are also really helpful, provided you can do some math for more advanced movements.

RBXAnimator is nice, i probably wouldn’t have started this thread if i’d already known about it, but it still seems logical to have all this functionality already built-in to the studio api.

I kind of support not adding libraries to do everything for people. It’s weird in a way but it’s neat when people need to figure things out. There’s a lot of methods on ROBLOX right now that I didn’t have in 2009. Without those methods, I learned the algorithms to do it myself. It increases your overall abilities.

Though from a productivity standpoint I may get lots of hate for that statement.

that’s a great point. a lot of what I’ve learned about game dev is just because i HAD to learn, because there was no ‘easy button’. And I really enjoyed learning scripting, and still enjoy learning more, it feels good when i make progress, no matter how little. I wouldn’t want all that taken from me, it makes me happy.

haha :grin: :heart_eyes: TweenService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like