Add "Select Parents" to Roblox studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to manage hundereds of Parts, Models and Folders at the same time. Say for example that i’ve selected the children of twenty models in workspace with the select tool so i could move them in studio. And then say after i moved the childeren of all those models id want to change the name of all of the Models those parts are placed in. In those cenarios it would be very useful to have a Select Parents option so you could change the name of all of those Models at the same time

Therefore id wish for an “Select Parents” option so managing the models of many selected parts in Studio would be a lot easier. The fact that a person has to click every single model in a cenario like the one i mentioned previous in this post is really inefficient . We do have “Select Childeren” so why not add “Select Parents”?

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because i could spare a lot of time and frustration having to click every single parent of something when wanting to edit them.

3 Likes