Add Studio Apple silicon version

I use the mac studio , but the roblox studio is inter version. please add new version for Apple m1/m2 cpu verion, Because using rosetta conversion really makes roblox studio seem laggy and can’t bring out the true performance of the device

34 Likes

I agree, this seems like a needed “feature” of Roblox Studio. It would be a shame if it doesn’t get supported just given how well it runs on Macs in general. I guess my question for someone at Roblox is just whether or not it’s on the their backlog, currently in development, etc?

9 Likes

Bumping to say that this is long overdue and still isn’t done.

Apps that I am surprised that got a Universal/native app are available, while Roblox and Roblox Studio are the only apps that are Intel based on my M1 MacBook Air.

Because of Rosetta, I can usually have only 5 studios with light workflows opened at a time. This was similar to apps when they used Rosetta.

Roblox Studio also sucks a lot of battery due to Rosetta, and this is just a huge problem. I can’t get through 2 hours with 1 Studio window on a full charge.

8 Likes

Bumping this again, it’s so hard to work on realistic projects without lag. It would make development so much faster for me if it had native apple silicon support.

6 Likes

I asked Baszucki about this during a short meeting in 2021. He said there are no plans to add Roblox Studio support for ARM based processors. Also stating, by eventually opening all Roblox Studio APIs, third-party clients can be made to fulfill all functions of Roblox Studio and run natively on ARM based processors.

Third-party clients still seem pretty far out though…

2 Likes

Yikes, I really hope that’s not their answer. To me the client on the Mac is really good on Intel. It takes a lot of effort to create software that runs identical on multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, etc), which they have invested a lot of time obviously. Why wouldn’t they take the next logical step to support ARM? The non-studio client will also benefit as well.

Really hoping to see Apple Silicon support this year.

From what I’ve seen in the hackweek videos that just came out, it seems like a large amount of Roblox employees use Macs, which just makes it even more ironic that after almost 3 years there is still no support.

4 Likes

It was confirmed by a Roblox engineer (They DMed me) that they are hoping to get it out sometime before June. Its dependent on QT 5.15.9, which has a Universal build up and running :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update here for those tracking, Roblox is planning to start rolling out Apple Silicon build on the next release (582). It will be a gradual rollout to a certain % at initial launch with the plan for a full rollout with a DevForum post mid July.

4 Likes

Where did you get this information from? what’s your source?

Do you know if there will be a way to enable it like the beta app was enableable with Terminal?

9 Likes

Not sure- really hoping so as I want to get on the Apple Silicon build ASAP!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.