Add "StudioStyleGuideColor" Descriptions

The StudioStyleGuideColor Enum is used to get theme colors using StudioTheme:GetColor(). The problem I have is I am not sure what a lot of the Enums are, like StudioStyleGuideColor.TitlebarText and StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNumAdditionBackground. It would be helpful for plugin developers if what each color means is decription, potentially with an example of where it is used in the current Studio user interaface.

6 Likes

Hi,

This is something we are aware of and will be addressing.

That would be great - a bunch of colors seems the same, so knowing where it’s used, and seeing the color in both dark & light theme for any of its modifiers would be nice.

Recently I went and made this to get a better understanding of what the colors returned by this enum would correspond to (for dark theme, at least) - the image has sections of 2 columns each, where the left column is the default modifier, and the right column is the disabled modifier.

Code to generate the above image
local main = your_gui_or_frame

for k, v in next, Enum.StudioStyleGuideColor:GetEnumItems() do
	local n = k - 1
	local fr = Instance.new("TextLabel")
	fr.BorderColor3 = Color3.new(1, 1, 1)
	fr.Position = UDim2.new(0, 40 + math.floor(n / 20) * 480, 0, 30 + (n % 20) * 25)
	fr.Size = UDim2.new(0, 230, 0, 20)
	fr.Text = v.Name
	fr.BackgroundColor3 = settings().Studio.Theme:GetColor(v, Enum.StudioStyleGuideModifier.Default)
	fr.TextColor3 = Color3.new(1, 1, 1)
	fr.TextStrokeTransparency = 0.5
	fr.Parent = main

local fr = Instance.new("TextLabel")
	fr.BorderColor3 = Color3.new(1, 1, 1)
	fr.Position = UDim2.new(0, 275 + math.floor(n / 20) * 480, 0, 30 + (n % 20) * 25)
	fr.Size = UDim2.new(0, 230, 0, 20)
	fr.Text = v.Name
	fr.BackgroundColor3 = settings().Studio.Theme:GetColor(v, Enum.StudioStyleGuideModifier.Disabled)
	fr.TextColor3 = Color3.new(1, 1, 1)
	fr.TextStrokeTransparency = 0.5
	fr.Parent = main
end
4 Likes

Reviving this to indicate that descriptions for most of the items are still missing. Having descriptions for these is important for understanding how elements should be colored when implementing custom GUIs for plugins.

4 Likes